Chapter 20

As the weeks went on, Lizzie made herself a home with Y/N. She would tend to the garden when he was at work, making sure that the vegetables and fruit were safe from all insects. Y/N had loved coming home to her in the kitchen, already cooking up some new recipe from the cook book he had gifted her.

"Do you think I should give her a chance?" He asked her as they sat cuddled on the sofa.

"I don't know." Lizzie told him. "But it isn't my place to make that decision." She moved to sit beside him as she looked in his eyes. "But she reached out to you, whatever excuse she gave you doesn't make up for the pain you endured when you were a kid."

"So I shouldn't?" He questioned as Lizzie sighed.

"Whatever you decide, I am by your side." She told him. "All I am seeing right now is that she is trying. She is wanting to make amends and build a relationship. It is your choice entirely to take the opportunity. If you don't, that is fine because you're trying to protect you."

All Y/N had done was nod as he turned his attention back to the TV. Thinking about everything from the past and the present.

As the days went on, Y/N had decided to meet up with his mom. Deciding to get a coffee and walk around the park.

"I am willing to have some form of relationship." He told her as he played with the lid of his to-go cup. "I am not ready to jump into the whole mother/son bonding thing. Just maybe the occasional coffee and a catch up."

"That's better than what I thought I would get." She told him with a small smile. "Thank you."

"It's nothing." He told her with a shrug. "Lizzie always says I have a choice."

"Lizzie?" She questioned.

"Lizzie is my girlfriend." He told her. "We met through Tom, he told her about the house that she rented for while she was working and she thought I was a gardener."

"You still look after the houses?" She asked him as he nodded. "And you work at your restaurant. Where do you find the time to do anything?"

"I guess I make time." He told her. "She actually tipped me with this £20." He took out the note that was folded nearly with the questions and answers.

"That is cute." She told him with a smile. "Does she make you happy?"

"She does." He told her. "She is older than me, only by seven years but I am in love with her. Just being with her is refreshing, it's like I can breathe freely around her."

"You love her." She stated.

"I do, so much." He told her honestly. "But we have only been together for six months and I intend to spend my life with her."

"I'm proud of you Y/N." She told him. "You have made a man out of yourself, even with all of the shit you went through, you came out this strong person. Stronger than anyone I have ever met."

"Thanks." He nodded shyly before he looked at his watch. "I have to go, Lizzie is cooking dinner. She's been trying new recipes and I have been her guinea pig." The two had bid farewell as Y/N walked home, a small smile on his face.

"How did it go?" Lizzie asked as soon as his arms wrapped around her.

"It was good." He told her before kissing her cheek and moving to her side. "I set up my boundaries and she is respecting them."

"I'm proud of you baby." She told him as she turned to face him, her eyes sparkling with joy as she pecked his lips.

"But what has gone on here?" He asked when he smelled the food, scrunching his nose at the smell.

"I guess I messed up with the herbs and spices." She told him shyly.

"Here." He moved her to the side as he had a small taste before he grabbed the herbs and spices. Soon enough saving it as Lizzie set the table.

"This is why you are the chef." She told him as she ate her food, making him chuckle. "I guess I'll just stick to the wifely duties." She smirked as he swallowed his food.

"Is that something you see for us? Marriage?" He asked her as he wiped his mouth, Lizzie froze as fear consumed her. "Married life with a couple of kids."

"I uh." She tried to speak.

"Because I would like that with the right girl." He spoke as he cleared the table before he helped her to her feet. "I guess it's a good job I have found the right woman I want to grow old with."

"Don't do that!" She swatted his arm as he chuckled lightly. "I was scared then."

"I'm sorry." He told her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "It was too good of an opportunity to pass up."

"I hate you." She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you too honey." He smiled before kissing her softly, he knew in that moment what he needed to do.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

Next chapter he will be travelling to the US to get a certain man's blessing. Please let me know what you think.