Chapter 8

Lizzie couldn't wait to see Y/N again, so she got the restaurant address off of Tom and decided to go there and pay Y/N a visit. She was amazed by the restaurant when she got there. She loved the bright colour and the happy and safe embience she got from the place.

"Hey, can I speak with Y/N? Tell him Lizzie is here." She told the hostess. She nodded and walked towards the kitchen. Disappearing for a few moments. Lizzie only waited for a short amount of time before the hostess came back with Y/N.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked her as she smirked at him.

"I needed to talk to you." Lizzie told him. He beckoned her to follow him, taking her to his office. Leaving Timmy to man the stove.

"What's up?" He asked her once he closed the door behind them. The two were extremely nervous. Even though Lizzie wondered where she got her confidence from this morning to even come here.

"I had the most interesting breakfast." She started as she rummaged through her purse. "I found this."

"It's a £20 note." He stated as she nodded.

"It's what's written on it." She told him as he saw the writing on it. Well his handwriting. "Yes."

"Yes?" He questioned. Confused slightly.

"Yes, I would love to go on a date with you." She told him. He just looked at her in shock.

"Are you sure?" He asked her. She just smiled and nodded in confirmation. "Really?"

"You doubt this very much don't you?" She asked him with a smirk.

"It's just that you are gorgeous and well I am just a simple restaurant owner." He told her.

"You're more than that Y/N. You're kind and selfless. Handsome and gentle. You are everything a woman wants in their life partner. Everything I want in you." She told him as she cupped his jaw. Her fingers trailing over the stubble growing because he forgot to shave this morning. "So this Saturday." He just nodded his head with a goofy smile. She kissed his cheek before she left his office. Then leaving the restaurant.

Y/N was stunned at what just happened. Lizzie had kept the £20 note. Putting it safely in her purse. Oddly money doesn't usually mean a lot to some people, but that one particular note will mean a lot to both Elizabeth and Y/N very far into the future of their relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------

Saturday had came around faster than anticipated. Y/N had told Lizzie that he would pick her up at 6pm. Lizzie the day picking what she was going to wear. Deciding on a simple black dress with her hair tied up.

She didn't have to wait any longer for Y/N who knocked five minutes earlier. Lizzie smiled when she saw him in a dark grey suit with a white shirt and a dark grey tie.

"You look amazing." He told her when he gazed in her eyes.

"Thank you. You're early." She teased him as she grabbed her purse. Locking the door behind her. Y/N opened the car door for her. She kissed his cheek as she got in. Putting her seatbelt on as he got in the driver's seat. Starting the car.

She recognised the direction in which they were going. Y/N had decided to set up a table on the roof beside the small vegetable garden he has up there. Joe smiled as he greeted the two, pouring them both a glass of water before taking their orders.

"It's beautiful up here." Lizzie whispered as she looked over at the vegetable patch. See the plants thriving in the sunset. Y/N kept his eyes on her throughout the whole date. "So, what made you want to open your own restaurant?" She asked him.

"Well, ever since I was a kid, I have loved cooking and gardening." He told her. "You see, I was fortunate as a kid. I grew up around money but my grandparents kept me grounded. Taught me that money isn't everything. So I wanted to help create a few jobs and learning opportunities for people who need it." Lizzie was mesmerised as he spoke with such passion. She knew from the start that he was selfless. He cared more about the wellbeing of others.

"Your grandparents seem like wonderful people." She told him softly. He smiled at her brightly as he nodded.

"They were." He told her. "Tom knew them, well they were more like the grandparents to every kid in the street. They just had so much love in their hearts."

The two spent the majority of the evening talking about future plans and everything and anything. Not caring about how fast time is passing.

"Let's get you home." Y/N said as he looked at his watch.

"What time is it?" Lizzie asked him curiously.

"It's 10:45pm." He informed her. Holding his hand out for her as he stood up. Helping her rise from her seat and leading her back. He noticed the goosebumps on her shoulders. Slipping off his jacket and wrapping it around her. She hummed at the scent of his after shave and basked in the warmth it provided her.

The journey home was quiet. Sharing small conversations as Y/N pointed out areas nearby. Telling her small anecdotes about his past. He walked her to her door. Waiting for her to unlock it before she turned back to him. A bright smile on her face.

"I really enjoyed tonight." She told him softly making his smile impossibly wider.

"Me too. I'll see you soon Lizzie." He kissed her cheek before he started to retreat back down the path. She smiled as she still had the jacket wrapped around her before she closed the door. Locking it before retreating towards her bedroom.

The two fell asleep that night with bright smiles on their faces. Excited for what the future may hold. Near or far.