3. Old Flames

Aemond went back to his room and tugged off his bloody shirt. This should have been the best day of it life and yet...

Aemond sat down on the edge of the bed annoyed as he huffed out a breath through gritted teeth.

Beka followed the scent of his blood. She pushed it open slowly as Aemond whipped his shirt around trying to get out his frustrations.

"Hi honey." Beka whispered closing the door behind her.

"Beka!" Aemond declared standing up. "I got Vhagar!"

"I saw, I saw you flying." Beka told him fondly. "I knew you could. Now you are fearless right?" She mused bringing a hand to the stitches running along his face.

"I dont about that." Aemond countered. "i'm sure there is still plenty to be afraid of in the world."

"Smart boy you are." Beka remarked.

"I lost an eye but gained a dragon." Aemond remarked softly, sitting back down. Beka pierced her thumb with the nail of her opposite finger drawing a drop of blood.

"You got something, here." Beka lied running her thumb over his lip. She watched as his tongue peeked out catching the blood. She watched the wound healing slightly under the stitches. The eye wouldnt return but the least she could do was take some of that pain.

Aemond stared back at her a moment longer as she took a step back. Her mouth opened and closed wordlessly before she sighed glancing back at the door.

"I should let you get some rest." Beka remarked. "Just wanted to check on you."

"Will I ever see you again?" Aemond asked following her.

"I dont know." Beka told him honestly. "I hope so."

"Where are you from? Where will you go? Where is your family?" Aemond asked not wanting her to leave.

"I'm from Karhold." Beka remarked.

"That's as north as north can get." Aemond replied and Beka nodded in agreement.

"I move a lot. I was at winterfell for a while, even spent some time at dragonstone and kings landing."

"I don't recognize you and I wouldnt forget a girl like you." Aemond informed her confidently.

"It's been a while." Beka remarked. "I was... across the narrow sea for a while as well."

"Wow, I wish I could explore like that." Aemond told her.

"You have a dragon now, I'm sure no one would stop you." Beka countered.

"Where is your family?"

"Dead." Beka answered honestly. They were dead, some of them didnt stay dead but dead.

"I'm sorry... where will you go? You can stay. I would like if you stayed." Aemond informed her.

"You are sweet boy, we have all the time in the world." Beka remarked. "I'm sure we will meet again."

"What if you forget about me?" Aemond countered nervously.

"Impossible." Beka corrected. "Make sure you dont lose that fire, blazing in you and I will always come back."

"Always and forever?"

+

''I need you, Uncle.'' Rhaenyra told him as Daemon leaned back against the stone wall. ''I cannot face the greens alone let us find our blood just as aegon the conqueror did with his sisters with you as my husband and prince consort my claim would not be so easily challenged the valeryan's are of the sea but you and I we are made of fire we have always been meant to burn together.' Rhaenyra declared.

'' We could not marry unless Laenor were dead.'' Daemon reminded her

''I know.'' Rhaenyra agreed a plan in mind already. ''I will not be a tyrant. And rule through terror.'' Rhaenyra assured.

''A tyrant rules only through terror.'' Daemon agreed ''If the King isn't feared, he is powerless. If you are to be a strong queen, you must cultivate love and respect, yes, but your subjects must fear you.''

'I do love Laenor.'' Rhaenyra told daemon softly.

''Then grant him this kindness. Set him free.'' Daemon told her confidently.

'' This will cost Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys their only remaining child. And the realm will whisper that I was somehow responsible.'' Rhaenyra remarked.

''Let them whisper.''

''No!" Rhaenys declared as a body burnt beyond recognition but Laenors necklace adorned around his neck. It was her son, no doubt in her mind, she dropped before him.

''How did you let this happen? In my fսcking hall? Tell me!'' Corlys shouted

''We will know the truth of it and our enemies won't.'' Daemon said smugly.

''They will fear what else we might be capable of. '' Rhaenyra remarked.

Laenor sails off into the night, head shaved but free of all duties. As Rhaenyra married Daemon. New love in an old flame.

But some flames never died out, they burned and burned until any part of Daemon that was capable of loving, real love was gone.

But every wedding Daemon had brought him back to his first wedding, his first love, no one could ever compare to Rebekah Mikaelson.