25. What's It Like to be In Love?

Many years ago...

"What do you mean shes gone?" Davina screamed out. "She said she wouldnt leave me!" Daemon's miserable face was amplified as Davina screamed and cried out for Beka. He held her as she sobbed into him. Begging him to get Beka back. They were a family. "Daemon she promised!" Davina sobbed out, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

Daemon couldnt bring Beka back from the dead... He chased after Davina as she ran out of the room saying she would get Beka back. She promised and Beka wouldnt break a promise. 

"BEKA! BEKA!" Davina sobbed out, Daemon picked her up and she fought him punching little fists at him. 

"SHe's gone Davina! SHe's gone!" Daemon shouted. But Davina could not, would not believe it. "She's dead Dav. She was killed. She isnt coming back."

"NO!" Davina shouted. "SHe promised-"

"SHe promised me too." Daemon reminded her. "I wanted her forever!" Daemon shouted. "We didnt get enough time Dav... but I can't bring her back." Davina whimpered out as Daemon hugged her. 

+

Davina stared at the dragon egg, the one they had stolen from her evil little brother. It was a constant reminder that Beka wasnt there. Davina grabbed the egg and marched out to the water. Fury squawked as he followed her. 

"This egg isnt for us. It was for Beka's baby." Davina reminded him as she pet his head. "I miss her Fury. What do we do without her?" 

It broke Beka's heart even more seeing little Davina so broken. She couldnt control the urges, she couldnt trust herself around them. WHen Daemon drank and drank, filling his cup trying to drown in his tears or liquor Beka couldnt tell. She wanted to hug him, to kiss him, but there were too many bodies in kings landing. She heard every pulsing heartbeat and felt her fangs popping free. She couldnt go near them until she had control. 

"I know its the last piece of her." Davina told Fury when he grumbled. "But it hurts. She promised us... always and..." Davina sobbed out dropping down to the sand knees curled up into her chest.

Moons had passed, Beka didnt expect them to still be so miserable. She expected them to be getting back to normal, forgetting about her. 

But Daemon sat stone faced, as though he turned off his humanity, drinking away the days and nights. Davina sobbed out, missing her friend, her family... Her vision was clouded with tears as she used all her strength to throw the dragon egg. A little scream of pain left her as she did it but she didnt hear the splash. 

Davina looked up, her whimpered shaky breaths, uneven as she turned her head. 

"Dont throw this away. You said you would look out for it." Beka reminded her and Davina jumped up tripping in the sand. 

"BEKA!" Davina cried out clinging to her. Beka felt her heartbeat, could feel the blood rushing through her. She pulled back and Davina stared up at her, tears of joy filled her eyes. "I missed you. Dont leave me." Davina moving to her again. 

"Davina, honey... I have to go away for a while." Beka corrected but Davina was already shaking her head. "I'm sick Dav." Beka offered. 

"Daemon said... we thought... Beka dont leave me!" Davina begged reaching for her. 

"Davina honey-" Davina hugged her again not understanding. "I'm really sick Davina." Beka remarked pulling back again. 

"I need to get Daemon." Davina declared as she swatted at her cheeks, her vision still blurry. 

"No, Davi, you cant tell Daemon." Beka corrected.

"What?" Davina whimpered. 

"I'm sick Davina." Beka repeated. 

"We will take care of you. You are family." Davina reminded her. "We stick together... forever... and..." she hiccupped through her tears. "Always." 

~Present day~

"You still have it." Beka ran her fingers over the dragon egg.

"I was so excited." Davina whispered. "Then you know... if you want it-"

"No. Its safer with you. Even if it never hatches." Beka assured her.

"I hated that day just so you know." Davina remarked. 

"I hated it too, seeing you so broken." Beka agreed hugging Davina tight. 

"I hate keeping it from Daemon still." Davina added. 

"I know." Beka agreed softly. 

"Beka, you know he would love you. Aemond and you, I love you two together. Dont get me wrong but... Beka he should know." Davina begged. 

"He should." Beka agreed. "But I'm not ready." Davina nodded understanding. 

"You told me when I was barely six yet telling men seems very difficult for you." Davina teased. 

"I needed my best girl." beka remarked fondly. "Us girls got to stick together, remember?"   

"Forever and always." Davina agreed closing her eyes and it was like she was a kid again, all the pain, all the loss... Daemon was still broken. What would he do when he found out that she knew? That beka was alive? 

"I thought I would find you here." Aemond remarked peering in. 

"Steal your girl before she starts making me cry." Davina instructed. 

+

"Your grace." Beka remarked with a curtsey. 

"Ah... you must be Aemonds girl." Viserys remarked through a pained breath. 

"I wanted you to meet her." Aemond agreed. 

"You look... familiar." Viserys rasped coughing out. Aemond glanced to Beka but she kept a smile on her face. 

"One of those faces I suppose." Beka offered. 

"Father, Beka has been around the palace for years, perhaps you saw her in passing." Aemond added. "Helaena and her kids love Beka too." 

"Love." Viserys rasped. "What is it like to be in love again?" Aemond smiled as Beka leaned into him. 

"It's the best feeling in the world." Aemond declared.