21. Bit Of Blood

'' It's okay. We met, and we talked, and it was epic, but... then the sun came up and reality set in." Beka whispered twirling a rose stem in between her fingers, the blood pricking and healing as it moved over each thorn.

"Davina is right." Elijah remarked. "Dont give up. Give him a chance to except you, to try again. Whats the worst that could happen?"

"Famous last words." Beka mumbled as she dropped the rose, smashing the petals under her foot. "He's better without me."

+

It was like a dream but when Aemond woke up he knew with complete certainty that Beka Mikaelson was real.

"My prince, we have training." Criston remarked but Aemond marched past him.

"He's getting lazy." Aegon declared. "Finally having some fun? Headed to the silk streets perhaps? I know better than that, those cunts are mean."

"I dont need whores." Aemond corrected. "To quote the woman I love, I'm far too skill and too handsome for whores." Aemond declared as he marched off.

"Did he say love?" Criston questioned.

"Aw, he's cunt struck." Aegon declared with a teasing clap as Aemond marched off.

"Where would she be? Where was I? What was that place?" Aemond murmured knowing he had to head north but would she even be there?

"Shes not at Karhold." Davina declared when Aemond got to the pits.

"Davina right?" Aemond questioned.

"Hey handsome, I was hoping you would remember something." Davina remarked as she pushed off of Fury and walked to him.

"Beka- Rebekah Mikaelson. You know her?"

"I do, we are besties." Davina agreed. "You want to find her?"

"I saw something... she said something... it is..." Aemond stopped himself it was crazy. "Do you know where I'm going with this or is this really confusing?"

"I know. Beka is a wonderful woman." Davina informed him. "But I think you already know that."

"I love her. But what I saw..."

"Something scary that didnt make a lick of sense." Davina agreed. "But I need you to retract that BUT in your statement. There will be no questioning yourself or her."

"I love her... What I saw, was that real?" Aemond questioned and Davina smirked.

"Does it matter if it was?" Davina pondered.

"I do love her." Aemond declared.

''Love's always going to require a huge leap of faith. A big, scary leap over a hot pit of lava. And, you might end up heartbroken, but you might be the happiest person on the face of the Earth." Davina declared. "So what do you say? You ready to take that huge scary leap of faith?"

"Where is she?" Aemond agreed.

+

Vampires were real... Beka was a vampire. Aemond blinked back at then stunned. Beka took a step back licking the blood from her lips.

"Go on, now that she had her meal shes in a good mood." Davina assured, giving him a nudge.

"Thank you Davina." Aemond remarked.

"She's my best friend." Davina informed him. "I dont like seeing her heartbroken." Aemond gave her a smile as he headed to Beka.

"Playing matchmaker Davina?" Elijah questioned and Davina purred with delight as she turned to him.

"Hi," Davina practically skipped to him. "You know me, always the helpful one." Elijah chuckled as she bit at her lip.

"You want to get a drink while those two crazy kids talk?" Elijah questioned.

"I've been standing here for like ten seconds, I thought you would never ask!" Davina declared as Elijah offered her his arm.

"Niklaus said a dragon came breathing fire down upon him the other day." Elijah recalled.

"Really?" Davina famed ignorance.

"You are a good friend to have Davina." Elijah remarked. "Rebekah is lucky to have you in her life."

"You have me too. Fury's services are quite useful I can give you the friends and family discount." Davina teased. "We can be more than friends." Davina offered as he pulled her closer.

"Aemond? What are you doing here?" Beka demanded.

"I remember." Aemond declared. "I remember everything." Beka took a step back averting her eyes.

"I- I-" She didnt even know what she wanted to say.

''All I needed was for you to tell me you felt something... to let me explain for you to explain and see that I didnt care... but you didn't.'' Aemond remarked. "You made me forget which is... awful because not only did when I remembered I saw you. But I didn't know where you were so I could tell you that I love you. I don't care what you are."

"You don't know what you are saying." Beka countered shaking her head, tears fell down her cheeks.

"I do though." Aemond corrected. "Beka... The best part about me, is you." Aemond declared honestly.

"You dont hate me?" Beka questioned through a heavy breath.

"I could never hate you." Aemond corrected. "I love you."

"I'm sorry, I thought what I was doing would protect you." Beka declared.

"Dont push me away." Aemond begged as he kissed her. "You got a bit of blood there though." Aemond added as he pulled back. She licked her finger rubbing it over her blood smeared cheek.

"Better?" She questioned

"Perfect." Aemond agreed kissing her again. "And I thought of the perfect name for the blade you gave me." Aemond remarked. "Bloodlust."