26. Crave His Touch

"Oh look you have a heart". Davina remarked and Klaus growled back at her. "No wait, my bad, its a bloody rib." She corrected as she helped clean him up.

"Im glad you are finding my misery so enjoyable." Klaus hissed through the pain.

"Im helping. Look at me being fucking helpful. Let me enjoy your pain you pain in the ass." Davina agreed. "You see I have a heart. Helping the big bad wolf."

"You want me to put in a good word with Elijah." Klaus countered.

"What? I didnt say anything. Im helping out of the goodness of my heart." Davina corrected and klaus could tell it was a lie which Davina knew but she said it anyways.

"I see you Klaus." Davina informed him "i see the angry dark man that doesnt feel safe and doesnt know what to do about it." Klaus glanced back at her as she clean the rest of the vervain allowing his body to slowly heal.

"I know you wish you could control your demons instead of them controlling you." She went on. "You feel lost and alone."

"Sounds like you know from experience." Klaus offered gently.

"You and me are not so different." Davina remarked softly.

"Which is why you crave Elijahs touch." Klaus pondered.

"He is good and light. Beka has her darkness just as I. I love her like the sister I always wanted and never had. But... If Elijah could love me even just for a moment than maybe Im not set out to be a monster. Let my demons wins."

"You are not a monster." Klaus corrected. "And you dont need my brother validation."

"Hes also charming and very sexy. But too damn polite." Davina grumbled.

"You dont want to be alone." Klaus whispered.

"Does anyone?" Davina countered as she headed out.

"You are always leaving me Davina." Klaus remarked.

"I always come back too." Davina corrected smiling back at him. But he raced around at Vampire speed getting in front of her.

"Your dragon has burnt me multiple times. You have stabbed me on occasion." Klaus remarked. "I should hate you."

"Yet you were in trouble and found me." Davina agreed. "I'll be seeing you soon Klaus."

+

''To Lucerys Velaryon. As is my lord husband's desire.'' Rhaenys reminded Vaemond stiffly.

''I am the Sea Snake's own blood, the closest kin he has left.' Vaemond shouted

''Be careful, good-brother. One could take your words for treason.' Rhaenys told him calmly.

''I speak the truth, Rhaenys. And you know it.'' Vaemond spat.

''The matter has been decided.'' Rhaenys sat confidently, calm and collected as his temper only grew.

''By a man whose ambition has brought down on us calamity after calamity. My brother cares only for the history books. But what of the Velaryon line? Is it to be snuffed out, supplanted by the pups of House Strong? Driftmark is mine by all rights." Vaemond shouted. "And while I should like your support, I do not... need it. The winds have shifted. The crown has good reason... to take my side." Vaemond went on and Rhaenys let out a deep breath.

'' My cousin the King would have your tongue for this.''

''But it's not a king who sits the Iron Throne these days, good-sister. It's a queen.''

+

"I did the elope and figure the rest out last time." Beka reminded Aemond. "It didnt work out to well."