33. You Won't Find Him

"Aegon will never be king." Beka declared and otto stared back at her. 

"How do you-'

"I know things. I agree Rhaenyra shouldnt be queen and I'm all about that girls stick together, empowerment but not her." Beka declared. 

"Aegon is-"

"A whoremonger." Beka remarked. "You know Aemond is the better option." 

"It's not the way of the world. He is the second son." Otto reminded her. 

"Aegon wont bring the world to greatness. Aemond will." Beka declared. 

"Because you want to be queen." Otto realized. 

"No because I care about this place, this world. I care about my family, Aemond is to be my husband, my family... I care about him. He will make the better king and you know it." 

"I dont have a say-"

"You are the hand. The king is dead. Yes you do." Beka corrected. 

"Lady Mikaelson-"

"Am I the only smart one in the room?" Beka pondered. "When you speak to the people you tell them Aemond will ascend the throne." Beka compelled and Otto nodded in agreement. 

"Aemond will ascend the throne... But I still need to find Aegon."

"You won't find him." Beka corrected as she headed off. 

+

''It is our fate, I think, to crave always what is given to another. If one possesses a thing, the other will take it away." Helaena remarked.

'' Yes, Princess.'' The handmaiden agreed, she sat next to the babe as the door opened. Helaena looked back to her need point.

''Where is Aegon?'' otto demanded looking around.

''N-Not here.' Helaena answered as though Aegon was ever with her.

''He's not in his rooms.'' Alicent informed her.  Otto marched back out "Father." Alicent called after him but he didn't stop.

''What's happened?' Helaena asked and Alicent sat next to her.

''Your father...'' Alicent began.

''There is a beast in the walls.'' Helaena hissed. "Beware the beasts blood." 

''Oh, my dearest love.'' Alicent said hugging her.

''Ser Erryk.'' Otto remarked walking up to him in the gallery sharpening his blade. ''Where's the Prince?''

''Forgive me, Lord Hand. I do not know.'' Erryk admitted rising before him.

''But you're sworn to protect him.'' Otto reminded

''He exploits his authority to order me away, and then he evades me, my Lord." Erryk answered

''I believe he may have left the Keep secretly, gone into the city. Find him.'' Otto instructed and Erryk nodded immediately. 'Take no one else but your brother. And remove your white cloaks. None can know who you are or what you seek... including the Queen."

" My Lord." Erryk agreed.

''Bring him to me, and me alone, Ser Erryk.''

Rhaenys moved to her door only to find it locked. She pulled and pulled to no avail.

''What is the meaning of this?'' she shouted before running to the window to see the people being herded out of the keep.

"Guard. Guard!" Rhaenys demanded. But no one came.