19. Laugh at the Girl Who Loved Too Easily

"Daemon said always and forever but he didnt mean it." Beka whimpered as she stared across the flames at Davina. "Aemond said it too and I pushed him away." Beka whimpered through chattering teeth and a quivering lip. "Why did I do that? Why did I push him away?"

"Because falling in love in scary." Davina remarked. "Staying in love... you gave him your heart and you had his... its the easiest time to break it."

"I never wanted to hurt him." Beka remarked. "Thats why I made him forget me."

"But it didnt take your hurt." Davina added softly.

"Daemon said he would love me forever but hes been married thrice now." Beka reminded her as Davina moved closer.

"Oh Beka, men love saying that." Davina remarked hugging her tight. "They think its fun." Beka choked out a laugh.

"Aemond said it and then he saw what I was and I got so scared." Beka rasped. "I was scared and then Klaus was an ass and now I lost him too..."

"You didnt lose him. You can still have him." Davina corrected hopefully.

"Always and forever... we had a good run." Beka said trying to contain her raging emotions of pain. Beka tried to be strong, be brave, she couldnt be weak.

"You're going to think that the pain will never end, but it will. But first, you have to let it all in. You can't fight it. It's bigger than you. You have to let yourself drown in it. But then eventually you'll start to swim and every single breath that you fight for will make you stronger. And I promise that you will beat it..."

"Rebekah." Elijah declared as him and Klaus came up behind them. Beka sobbed out a broken laugh as she saw them.

"Go right ahead, laugh at the girl who loved too easily." Beka demanded.

"Beka, Davina told us what happened

"Beka, Davina told us what happened." Klaus corrected gently.

"And? You come to say I told you so? You have a type Bek, wow really fucked that up didnt you!" Beka shouted back at him.

"I'm sorry." Klaus corrected as he took a seat. Beka sniffled as she leaned into Davina.

"I'm still mad at you," Beka assured him. "because being around you drives me nuts and not being around you drives me nuts."

"I understand that." Klaus agreed.

"You are my big brother Nik. I might need to stab you a few more times but I love you." Beka whispered through her tears.

"I love you Bek, I'm so sorry. You have to believe me. It was just me being a controlling dick." Klaus declared. "I'm so sorry Bek."

"Hell, your brother is a dick, and you all kill people, come up from behind them and gnaw on their veins, but I still see something human in you." Davina remarked looking at the Mikaelson siblings.

"I do not go behind people's backs and torture them. I like my enemies to look me in the eye and see the depth of my rage." Klaus corrected and Elijah swatted a hand at him.

"You heart." Davina added touching Beka's cheek. "I see your heart and its golden my dear."

"I want to turn it off." Beka whispered.

"You can do that?" Davina questioned amazed.

"Humanity's not all it's cracked up to be." Klaus added.

"No you dont Rebekah." Elijah corrected. "When you feel the blood rush in, you tell yourself that you're gonna get through it; that you're strong enough. Yes, yes - no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off. You bury it. Because Davina is right... you have a good heart. You deserve to be happy. To love. To live."

"We are immortal yet what do we really have?" Beka questioned. "We live without hope. But we never die."

"If we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?" Elijah countered

"Whatever you want to do Beka, I'm right here with you." Davina assured. "Us girls have got to stick together." Beka sighed as she looked into the flames.

"Well, I gotta run. Have a murder to plan. Busy day." Klaus remarked with a wink, flashing Davina his fangs before he headed off.