9. Ravishing

It was official. Beka loved Aemond.

Which was ironic considering how long she spent pining over Daemon. But also that Aemond was Daemon with the D flipped. But Aemond was Daemons nephew. His blood. It would make sense that they were similar. But Beka also saw the differences.

Aemond was sweet and funny. He made her laugh. But Daemon used to make her laugh.

Aegon and Helaena had twins and Beka smiled down at the babies in the crib. She had always wanted children.

"Excuse me?" Helaena questioned and Beka took a step back clearing her throat. "Who are you?"

"Oh im-"

"Beka I made you tea, with cream and cinnamon." Aemond remarked. "I hope you like it."

"Aemond... who is your pretty friend?" Helaena questioned.

"Beka Mikaels." She introduced with a curtsey.

"Beka.... how do you know my brother?" Helaena questioned glancing to Aemond.

"I met him a few years ago." Beka remarked vaguely.

"I told you about Beka." Aemond remarked. "I know I did."

"I didnt expect her to be sooo..." Helaena drawled out as Jaehaera started to cry.

"So perfect? Beautiful? Wonderful? Brilliant?" Aemond offered.

"Does mother know? Has she met Beka Mikaels?" Helaena countered. Beka picked up Jaehaera and bounced her in her arms. "How did you do that?" Helaena questioned. They both looked to Beka.

"I love children." Beka remarked softly as Jaehaera fell asleep in Beka's arms. "I always wanted kids."

"Are you not married?" Helaena questioned.

"Hela stop with the questions!" Aemond begged.

"I... no. I'm not married." Beka agreed.

"Not yet." Aemond corrected. Beka smiled back at him.

"You are really good with her." Helanea declared. "The last... the last woman quit... in tears..."

"That's really unfortunate." Beka whispered.

"Would you-"

"Hela no." Aemond corrected. "She's not a maid."

"What are you saying?" Beka countered.

"You want to be their-" Helaena began again.

"Come on Beka, lets go." Aemond suggested as she put Jaehaera back down.

"Think about it. It would be nice-" Helaena coed as Jaehaera cried out again.

"She isnt a servant." Aemond corrected. "She isnt a maid Hela."

"You just know that mother would never allow you to marry her if she was the kids nanny." Helaena corrected.

"Thats not it." Aemond corrected but in a sense now that Helaena said it out loud yeah if Beka wanted to be the twins handmaiden then mother wouldnt ever consider beka a proper suitor but then it would be a good excuse to see her every damn day.

Quite the predicament.

"Beka? It should be your decision." Aemond remarked.

"Tell me more." Beka agreed.

+

It was Bekas first day on the job and Aemond got her room ready as she dressed the twins in the morning.

Aegon had heard of the new nanny and of course had to stake his claim.

"Oh hello gorgeous." Aegon declared. Beka turned around his child in her arms and a look of recognition crossed his face.

"Prince Aegon." Beka answered.

"Dont you look simply ravishing!"

"Thank you." Beka answered. "Your children are quite wonderful. Adorable."

"They get their looks from me obviously." Aegon agreed.

"Or your much more handsome and charming younger brother." Beka countered innocently.

"I could show you how charming I can be." Aegon corrected grabbing her wrist and pulling her to face him.

"Dick move. Im not some helpless girl to take a beating from you and your sorry excuse for a cock." Beka hissed.

"I dont think you know who I am. I get what I want." Aegon corrected.

"So do I." Beka countered bending his arm behind his back with one hand and scruffing his hair with the other forcing him against the wall. "Not so fun being pushed around is it." Beka hissed as he whimpered out.

"What is the meaning of this!" Alicent shouted in outrage. Beka had Aegon pinned to the wall.

"She is a psychopath!" Aegon shouted as Beka let him go.

"What are you doing in here?  Who are you!" Alicent shouted.

"Im the new nanny." Beka offered innocently.

"I will have your head bitch!" Aegon shouted

"Why because I wouldnt let you force yourself between my legs?" Beka countered and Alicent huffed out a breath.

"Not again Aegon." Alicent hissed under her breath. But Beka heard.

"Are you going to dispose of me?" Beka mused but Alicent moved to the door whispered in her own handmaiden.

"We are going to have to let you go. Im sorry for the inconvenience..." alicent remarked taking the pouch from her handmaiden as she returned. "Please do take this as a..."

"Added benefit of me keeping my mouth shut that your eldest son is a rapist?" Beka mused grabbing the pouch.

"Beka!" Aemond declared before taking a step back and trying not to sound too eager.

"Good morning prince Aemond." Beka answered his smile faltered when he saw his mother in the twins room.

"Mother... what are you doing here?" Aemond questioned. "Aegon."

"She doesnt trust me with her grandchildren." Beka remarked. "Prince Aegon thinks he can do a better job." She added smugly.

"Oh but..." Aemond looked between them. "I helped get your room ready... you would be staying here... at the castle..." aemond added forcing a hopeful smile.

"I dont think that will be necessary." Alicent countered.

"No?" Aemond countered and Beka saw his sad puppy dog face.

"Sorry Aemond." Beka whispered kissing his cheek. "Talk soon."