31. Beware the Beasts Blood

"Just be yourself." Aemond assured kissing Beka gently but then she saw daemon. "Helaena already loves you-"

"Im not nervous." Beka countered.

"You gnawing at you lip says otherwise." Aemond corrected.

"Give me a moment." Beka whispered kissing him again.

"It is you." Daemon declared. "Beka... I dont understand I saw you die."

"Would you believe me if I said I wasnt Beka and I was a long lost sister or something?" Beka mused but he hugged her tight and he wanted to cry. He never thought he would see her again. He never thought he would hold her again. "I missed you Beka." Daemon rasped clinging to her.

"I missed you." Beka agreed and she felt his tears on her shoulder. "Gods I missed you Daemon." Beka declared fisting his shirt unwilling to let go.

"What happened? You look amazing. you dont look like you have aged a day." Daemon remarked.

"I.... my father did kill me, or at least he tried." Beka offered. "My mother... did I ever tell-" Beka began but Daemon reached out touching her necklace.

"You still have it." Daemon rasped.

"I hadnt worn it in years but something told me I needed to wear it." Beka agreed. Daemon panted out as his fingers traced away from the necklace he had given her so many years ago. "I was sick... for a long time..."

"Why didnt you come back?" Daemon questioned. "I love you. I have only ever loved you!"

"I did... you were married and I didnt want to... mess it up." Beka rasped her voice breaking.

"mess it up? Beka you are my wife. You are the only person that I have ever loved!" Daemon declared.

"Daemon..." Beka whimpered tears in her eyes.

''I'm not doing so great without you. I keep trying to start over but I can't get anywhere because I'm lost." Daemon declared holding Bekas face in his hands. "I still love you. I have only ever loved you." She believed him, heard the study beat of his heart as he got closer kissing her and it felt like home.

"Dae-" She whimpered unable to process as he held to her. "We should get in there, you should get to your... your wife." Beka choked out.

"I just have to say it once. You just need to hear it. I love you, Daemon . And it's because I love you that ...  I can't be selfish with you... why you can't know this. I don't deserve you ... after the hell I put you through when I was gone... you deserve someone better." Beka rasped. "God, I wish you don't have to forget this. But, you do."

"I could never forget you Beka." Daemon corrected.

+

Viserys was carried in on his throne delivered to the table, his family rose out of respect as he was sat down again before them at the head of the table.

''How good it is... to see you all tonight... together.'' Viserys said looking around at all this children and grandchildren.

''Prayer before we begin?'' Alicent offered

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as they held hands. Beka couldnt do it, couldnt make him forget she was too emotional. He stared back at her as she sat beside Aemond. Aemond sat the head of the table which Beka thought right there his leadership and the fact that Aegon didnt give a damn sitting to Aemond's left, while Beka was as his right. But Daemon stared at Beka, confused and frustrated, oddly silent Beka thought at he processed her being back and alive. He swore she was dead. He swore he saw it. They could have been together all this time.