15. Forget Me

My tears ricochet // Alicent Hightower out now!!

Aemond woke up curl around Beka. he kissed her shoulder while pulling the furs up higher around her. The fire had went out so Aemond pulled on his pants and headed out to get some more wood.

"Why are you bothering her?" Elijah questioned. 

"Because the last time she was being distant like this she was fucking a prince." Klaus offered. "And we all know how that turned out."

"Yes. Our death and rebirth was definitely Daemons fault." Elijah agreed sarcastically. 

"I mean it wasnt not." Klaus offered as they walked. 

"She might be having a meal for all you know." Elijah offered. 

"She's not." Klaus corrected. "I hear his heartbeat."

"We all need a good bit of fun." Elijah reminded him. "Let her have her fun, she's not a child." 

"He's rather young though." Klaus offered. 

"We dont age, better to find someone younger." Elijah tried again. 

"And silver old man hair." Klaus went on as they got closer. "Bek has a type." 

"Niklaus-"

"And in the house we built too..." Klaus tsked. Aemond spun around, axe gripped in his hand. 

"Like you havent done worse." Elijah murmured. 

"Hello." Aemond said hesitantly. Beka said her family was dead, she wasnt lying, they were. She was too. So Aemond didnt know who these people were. 

"Hello, who might you be?" Klaus questioned. 

"My brother is so rude." Elijah interrupted as Aemond tensed, his rush from last night wearing off and he felt the northern breeze and snowflakes on his bare chest. 

"I am Elijah and this is my brother, Niklaus." Elijah introduced. "We are looking for Rebekah."

"She's..."

"Inside." Klaus agreed. "Now who are you? What are you to Beka?" 

"We are..." Aemond hesitated. What were they? More than friends, was he courting her? Would his parents even allow it? He did fly away with her, damn the consequences. "I love her." Aemond declared.  

"And she you?" Klaus laughed out and Aemond swallowed the lump in his throat. 

"Yes." Aemond agreed. "I'm going to marry her one day." Beka's heart swelled knowing they wouldnt get forever. Elijah smiled back at her as she stepped into the snow but Klaus was in a mood and it turned Beka bitter right away. 

"It's pathetic really, itsnt it, how she continues to hand her heart to any man who shows her a hint of affection!" Klaus declared.