SEVEN

A L Y S S A

"I got a bad idea, about we take a little bit of time away? I got a bad idea, forget about him."

. . .

My love for architecture accidentally began with my brother.

When I was a little girl, I'd always bother my brother Alessandro to let me join him in playing games.

He was always glued to his PlayStation, talking to his friends while playing a game with a shit ton of violence.

I didn't have a clue about what he was playing, but I wanted to join in on the fun. He was always so addicted to playing and I wanted to see what it was all about.

But, of course, I was just the annoying little sister to him with which he didn't want to spend time with.

So, it got so bad, that I involved mom and she'd persuaded Alessandro to let me join once. He'd chosen a game for us that didn't include me having to talk to his friends, and apparently, that game was called Minecraft.

He showed me how to play it and how it all worked. I was struggling sometimes, but eventually got the hang of it and began building houses and buildings with my brother.

He loved playing survival mode and killing off any other creatures and creating shelters and such.

While I was more drawn to the creative side and wanted to let loose and build whatever the fuck I wanted without worrying about anything else.

I grew obsessed with it and bugged my brother to keep on playing with me so I could continue.

But eventually, he grew bored and kicked me out of his room. I installed Minecraft for myself and created a world of buildings and houses I'd come up with.

Later on, I installed other apps where I could design some of my ideas and bring them to life. My parents got me sketchbooks for me to draw on, and combined with the apps, I somewhat learned how to measure everything up and did the math in my head.

I wanted to be better at it and grew really fascinated with everything that had to do with it and how architecture came to be. I grew interested in how people hundreds of years ago built castles and cathedrals and how the styles evolved throughout time.

It wasn't a surprise for everyone when I decided to study architecture because I simply love it so much.

It's not always easy, and it can get pretty exhausting and time-consuming, but at the end of the day, the result is always worth it.

And the good grades, of course.

So, if I find someone who shares the same interests as me, it shouldn't be hard for us to get lost in conversation.

My fragile plan of seducing Roman has set off in my mind, and I wonder how I should strike up the first conversation.

He's very distant toward his students and maintains a professional attitude at all times.

For a short second, I wondered if I should fake some questions or pretend to struggle with something, but that's just stupid.

I understand everything and keep up with all the material, so pretending would be embarrassing and I'm not going to dumb myself down for a man.

What I can do, is try to answer the questions he asks in class.

But that man usually skims over me and goes to someone else.

Which is annoying the fuck out of me.

He sees me raising my hand, and not once has he let me answer anything. Not once has he seemed to be considering letting me open my fucking mouth.