TEN

A L Y S S A

"I just broke up with my ex, now I'm out here single, I don't really know what's next. But I ain't even trippin', I'ma chill and sit back."

. . .

"So, miniskirt or faux leather pants?"

"Miniskirt, for sure," Tess says, checking herself out in my mirror. I go for the black skirt and throw it on my bed, looking around for more in my closet.

I grab a cute top with long sleeves, that shows off my cleavage and decide to add some silver jewelry to it.

For the shoes, it's knee-high boots.

I leave my hair as it is and ponder over some makeup, deciding to put on a light coat of foundation, accompanied by blush and highlight.

"You look hot," Tess whistles as she watches me get ready in front of my vanity.

"So do you," I grin, adding the last touches of makeup to my face. My lips are a bold red and my winged eyes look alluring and sexy.

Since I'm single again, I get to party as much as I like. I get to flirt with whomever I want. No boyfriend to worry over.

So, that's why Tess and I are going to a bar.

This is a perfect way to spice up our Friday night.

Tess is wearing a dark blue, slip dress and her hair is straightened. After spritzing some perfume on, I grab my purse and stand up.

"Well, I'm ready. You?"

"Good to go," she says, and we both make our way downstairs.

Mom and dad are both out to dinner, so I don't need to worry about them questioning where we're going.

Our Uber is already at the front of the building, waiting on us.

We're going to The Realm, which is a very popular club downtown, attended by the wealthy and famous.

I don't party or go out often, but when I do, it's always there because it's the only club I know.

The club is heavily guarded, the workers there have all signed an NDA and it has a zero-tolerance on drugs.

Most people go to clubs for drugs, seeking their next high, but due to the popularity of The Realm, they wish to keep their reputation as perfect and good as they can.

Normally, there's no way for Tess and me to get in, seeing as we're only 20. But being friends with someone who works there has its perks.

"The plan is to get laid," Tess says in the back of the car. "There better be some hot men," she continues.

"I'm sure there will be," I assure her. "I just want to come for once, that's the goal," I snort.

"One day, honey, one day," Tess sighs. "Even though an orgasm begins to sound like a myth."

We both giggle in the backseat, and soon enough, the car pulls up at The Realm. There, Paul is waiting on us.

"Good evening, ladies," he smirks when we approach. He gives me a friendly hug and the same with Tess.

I've known Paul since my senior year in high school. He's only one year older than me but got held back a year, and that's how we got to know each other in our last year.

"Good to see you again," he says, wrapping an arm around both me and Tess.

"It really is. You never let me hear from you anymore," I scold him and swat his chest. Paul leads us to the back of the building, where there's a back entrance for people who don't want to be seen going in.