FIFTEEN

THIS IS PART TWO OF THE DOUBLE UPDATES, MAKE SURE TO HAVE READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS ONE!

______________________________

A L Y S S A

"Split mind, don't need to decide when. Straightforward, eyes on the climbin'. I decide no matter the climate."

. . .

"You ready for this?" Matteo asks when we're at the top of the mountain. "Yeah," I say and nod, glancing down at the snowboard hanging on my feet.

"I'm ready. Let's fucking do this."

I was envious of Roman whenever I saw him snowboarding yesterday, so today I took my chance and rented one out for myself.

We're on the blue slope, which is for intermediate skiers.

I'll be fine.

Making sure that I'm strapped in, I take off on the snow and leave the others behind me. I tried some snowboarding on the kids' playground to test it out but quickly figured it out.

After a few times of falling over, that is. But I'm okay.

This is easy.

It's all about balance and how steady you stand on the board. The first few times on this slope go by in a flash. Roman races against me and wins every time – only because he's an advanced snowboarder.

I curse when he passes me again, with such ease.

My eyes follow his body, how his fit body bends and follows each curve and how he flies over the snow.

I'm sure I'm sulking when I arrive where he's standing.

"You were so confident yesterday," he chuckles when he passes me, on his way for another round on the slope. "Where's that big mouth today, hm?"

Narrowing my eyes at him, I lift my chin in the air. "I bet I can take on the Black Diamond like it's nothing."

"Don't count on that, princesa," he replies and fixes me with a stern look. "Don't even think about it. Let's go, bet I can win once again."

With a clenched jaw, I watch him walk away from me.

Yesterday, I skied off the Black Diamond with ease. It was a fun challenge, hard at times, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Now, I'll be doing it on a snowboard. What's the fucking difference?

Turning around, I walk over the snowed ground and take the lift to the Black Diamond. I'll fucking show him how good I am.

No one notices me taking the elevator up, and soon enough, I'm faced with the glaring white snow that nearly blinds my eyes.

"You can do this," I whisper to myself, and strap my feet onto the snowboard. I make sure I'm strapped tightly before I set myself off and glide down the snow.

A surprised laugh escapes me, and I go faster than I'd thought, but it gives me a thrill and the adrenaline coursing through me is addicting.

The crisp and cold air hits me in the face, and I part my lips to laugh in joy.

I go faster than intended and I flawlessly take each curve, slowing myself down sometimes in order not to fall over.

The slope is pretty steep and long, so I'll be able to enjoy the ride much longer than on the Blue Diamond.

And even though it's steep and reserved for only the experienced, I'm really fucking nailing it.

The Black Diamond is not as busy as the other slopes, but there's still a handful of people around me.