SIXTEEN

A L Y S S A

"In the dark right now, feelin' lost, but I like it. Comfort in my sins and all about me."

. . .

The next day, I wake up in a dark room. The blinds have been closed and all I've done since Roman left the room, was sleep off my headache and ignore my pain.

Matteo stopped by once, checking up on me, and even though I hate him, I could tell the concern on his face was genuine.

When I come down for breakfast, Alicia fusses over me and guides me over to the kitchen table, sitting me down and asking me if I need everything.

"You sure you don't need anything, Alyssa?" she asks, and I nod for the umpteenth time.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Most of my headache is gone," I assure her.

"Bold of you, deciding to snowboard on the Black Diamond," David says and shakes his head in amusement, sipping his coffee. "Hope you feel better soon," he adds, and walks out of the kitchen, probably to get ready for their walk.

Almost everyone is going out on a hike, and I would've loved to join, but I'm not into it, especially not with my sore wrist and shoulder.

As everyone is getting ready, I head up to my room and dig through my suitcase. When I find my black bikini, I head into the bathroom and put it on.

The top barely contains my breasts, but compliments my skin and the bottom is merely a string that reveals my ass and covers my front.

Matteo once made a comment on how it was too revealing when we went to the beach, and it bothered me more than it should.

I never threw it out, and I'm glad I didn't. I like how I look in it.

Putting my curls up into a bun, I allow some to escape and rest on my cheekbones, then grab my white robe and wrap it around myself.

The slam of the front door is the indicator that most have left on their hike. With my towel in hand, I walk down the stairs until I'm on the floor below the living room, where I know the sauna is.

Stopping outside, I turn it out and wait a couple of minutes, before shedding my robe and hanging it outside.

The heat of the sauna envelops me as soon as I step inside, and I put my towel down to sit on top of it.

Now, it's time to fully relax.

I don't know how long I spend there, laid on my back and welcoming the heat and warmth, but it's for a long while.

Sweat is dripping down my skin and even my hair is getting a bit damp, but this was much needed and my sore wrist and shoulder are appreciative of it.

The silence down here is welcome. And I'm too focused on the heat to let my mind take over, so I'm letting go fully.

When the heating is getting too much and I'm nearly falling asleep, I decide it's time to get up and exit the sauna.

A shiver runs up my spine at the coldness creeping up on me when I do so, and I quickly hurry over to the showers and turn them on.

The warm water cascades down my body, washing everything away and I let it soothe me for some minutes.

The showers are right next to the room where there's a relaxing couch and a massage bed.

I wonder why Roman has such luxurious equipment in his home, but then again, this is a getaway cabin and a big one at that.

I step out of the shower and dry myself, walking into the room and taking a seat on the couch. I let out a long sigh and lean back, closing my eyes.