NBD : THE SECOND

The door was opened for Soobin by one of the maids, and Soobin just walked in, eyes fogged

The door was opened for Soobin by one of the maids, and Soobin just walked in, eyes fogged. He walked across the foyer through the living room to the stairs up to the bedroom. He walked in and took his coat off, throwing it onto the couch. He fell onto the bed, looking up.

What the fuck just happened?

He's still processing it... kind of.

Yeonjun... is alive?

All these years...?

All these years he spent crying and screaming and hoping Yeonjun was happy up there. He was... alive?!

Soobin doesn't know if he's relieved, angry, happy, or upset.

Right now, he's just confused. And a little dazed. He... needs to sleep.

Take a bath. No— you already took a bath. Drink some tea. Yeah, he can do that! He can drink tea! Or, nope, it's almost dinner time, why would he drink tea? Okay— wow. He just— he feels a little— WOW.

"Soobin." A voice snapped, and Soobin snapped his head towards the door and saw Shuichi, "I called your name 3 times, are you deaf?"

Soobin stood up, smoothening his shirt. "S-Sorry. I- um... I was just-" Soobin stammered, and then saw how he made a mess of the room by flinging the jacket around and rushed over to pick it up, smoothening it properly and laying it over the couch neatly.

"I came home early. Work got cut short so I decided to come home and see you." Shuichi said, walking into the room and towards Soobin. Soobin stared at the ground, and then felt two fingers tug on his chin, lifting it up and making him look at the older man.

"You look like you saw a ghost." Shuichi said, and Soobin blinked.

"I think I did." Soobin whispered, and then Shuichi reached forward, tucking a bit of hair behind Soobin's ear.

"What's wrong?" Shuichi asked softly, and Soobin bit his lip, looking at Shuichi tentatively.

"Nothing. I just... I don't feel that great. Think I have a fever. Or something." Soobin said, and Shuichi sighed.

"You're at home all day, Soobin. How do you even get sick?" Shuichi asked, stepping away from him and taking his suit jacket off. Soobin gulped, toying with the engagement ring on his finger.

"W-Well, I don't like being home all day." Soobin said, and Shuichi gave him a look he gives him all the time.

One telling him to shut up, basically. So Soobin did.

And he looked down, an anxious feeling in his chest. He didn't know what it was. But he felt anxious, for some reason. Like there was a parasite inside his stomach eating him alive. He's sure it's because of Yeonjun.