NBD : THE FOURTH

Dear Soobin,

Dear Soobin,

It's been... years. 3 whole years, a few days more. I don't know where you are. I don't know who you're with. I mailed these to Beomgyu hoping he'd know where you were. So I don't know if you'll read this or not, but I hope you do.

The last 3 years have been treacherous. I could've made the mafia your father started something so much more, but the timing wasn't right. Hongjoong always told me everything happened for a reason, yet now I'm starting to lose belief in that statement.

I haven't talked to Hongjoong in months. I don't know where he is either. Last I met him, he told me he loved me but I don't know if he did. I'm telling you all this because I need you to know.

Somehow, with losing everyone I love, losing you has been the hardest. Perhaps because I know all I did was hurt you as a child. You tried to run away. Fell for the wrong people. Got hurt. All because of me. You were right. Right to say it was all my fault. It was.

I didn't realize how much I missed your feet padding into our workplace and tugging on our shirts and whining softly because your 'tummy hurt' until it was too late. I just wish I didn't force you to stay like that forever. I wish we taught you how to get rid of that 'tummy hurt' yourself, but we never did.

And I'm sorry. I can understand how hard things must be with you. It's been years now, so I assume you know. The whole situation with your father and Yeonjun must have been harrowing. Especially since I could tell you were quite in love with Yeonjun, yet he lied to—

"Soobin?"

Soobin turned to the door, his eyes teary and wide. Soobin saw Shuichi standing at the door of their bedroom, and quickly stuffed the letter into the drawer— along with the other letter he'd kept hidden.

"Why are you up so late? It's almost 2 am." Shuichi said, and Soobin stood up, nodding.

"I- um... I didn't realize. S-Sorry. How was your party?" Soobin asked, walking over to the bed and sitting down, grabbing the blanket.

"It was fine... baby, why are you crying?" Shuichi asked, and Soobin shook his head, looking down.

"N-Nothing! I just— I was... um- watching this s-sad movie earlier. So-" Soobin started, and Shuichi snickered, walking over to the closet, taking out clothes to wear to sleep.

"Of course you were. You're too emotional, princess. You can't get through life with being so emotional." Shuichi said, and Soobin got into the bed, pulling the blanket atop him.

"I-I guess." Soobin stammered, but his mind was too cluttered by the letter he read.

Seonghwa was... alone in a prison. And he thought Soobin hated him?

Soobin had to finish reading that letter tomorrow. Something about... his father and Yeonjun?

Soobin felt the mattress dip beside him, and then felt an arm snaking around his waist, pulling him closer in. Soobin was wearing shorts and Shuichi's t-shirt, and then felt Shuichi pulling his t-shirt up, revealing his skin.