NBD : THE TWENTIETH

soobin
why did you leave?

yeonjun
i had some work

soobin
oh okay...
do you have a place to stay?

yeonjun
yes

soobin
junnie, what's wrong? :((

yeonjun
nothing.
im sure seonghwa wouldn't want you texting me anyways

"Jongho's flying in from Singapore tomorrow." Soobin heard Seonghwa say from the other room, and he walked into it, putting his phone in his pocket.

"Jongho's coming?" Beomgyu asked, eyes growing big, and a smile reaching his face, "Haven't seen him for ages. Really missed him. Weird how he never called us or reached out, huh?"

"Yeah... I think the whole prison thing took a toll on him. It will be good to have all of us here." Hongjoong said with a smile, and Seonghwa smiled as well.

"That's so great! I haven't seen him for ages." Soobin said, and then looked at Seonghwa, "Hwa, where's Yeonjun?"

Seonghwa shrugged, stirring the glass of wine in his hand. Soobin looked confused.

"B-But... he was here, and then left suddenly. He's saying he has some work, but I don't know if I believe him..."

"It doesn't matter, Binnie. Come sit with us." Hongjoong said, and Soobin sat down beside Seonghwa.

"But... can I go see him tonight?" Soobin asked in a small voice, and then instantly saw all the boys either look confused, angry, tense, or all three.

"Why?" Hongjoong asked, and Soobin huffed.

"We're friends. Just wanna talk to him about something-"

"Talk to him about what?" Beomgyu asked calmly.

Soobin shrugged, "Just... stuff. I think he has some of my stuff, actually-"

"Soobin, are you kidding me?" Seonghwa snapped, and Soobin tensed, "It's been, what, 3 years and you're still that naive?"

Soobin looked at Seonghwa with a frown, eyes big in confusion. "I'm not! I just wanted to talk to him."

"Right. We know you still like him, Soobin. And he still likes you or whatever. But you're not going back to him. I refuse to let you go back to him after everything he did." Seonghwa grumbled, and Taehyun sighed.

"Soobin... can make his own decisions, I'm sure." Taehyun said, and Seonghwa sighed, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"I know he can, Taehyun. But after everything Yeonjun did? Lied to him, yet still-"

"He didn't lie to me! He just-" Soobin started, and Seonghwa snickered.

"Didn't lie to you??? You're joking, right?" Seonghwa said, and Soobin looked confused. He looked at the other boys, who looked pale, eyes wide.

"Did you not tell him?" Seonghwa asked, and Hongjoong sighed.

"No. But we might as well now." Hongjoong grumbled, and Seonghwa turned to face Soobin.