NBD : THE NINTH

Soobin felt this rush

A rush he hadn't felt in a long time.

But right now, sitting on a bike with the cold New York air rushing past him, Christmas lights decorating the streets with music playing from the near distance, gripping onto Yeonjun's jacket— he felt it.

This nostalgia, a feeling which sent tingles down his spine. Familiarity.

A sense of comfort, the snow dancing on the tip of his tongue as another anxious giggle left his lips, sound of the engine flurrying around them.

This felt wrong, this felt— it was wrong.

He shouldn't be sneaking off with another man at night on Christmas, but there were a lot of things Soobin shouldn't have done in his life, and this... he doesn't regret.

"Where are we going?" Soobin whispered, feeling himself practically caving into Yeonjun, it was cold, that's what he told himself at least.

"Somewhere." Yeonjun said, and Soobin huffed, because he'd asked the question at least four times now and always received the same answer.

The bike finally halted by a store, in an empty parking lot. Soobin was a little confused, and saw Yeonjun get off of the bike, so Soobin did so too. Yeonjun started walking towards the store and Soobin followed silently.

"Wait here." Yeonjun said to Soobin once they entered the store, and Soobin nodded.

He turned to the magazine rack in the side and saw Yeonjun disappear into the aisles of the store. He must come here often, Soobin wondered— because the cashier gave him a curt nod. Yeonjun finally came back with a brown paper bag, probably some things inside, and Soobin looked at him with wide eyes.

"Justin Bieber got engaged!"

Yeonjun chuckled at the younger, and then gestured at the door, "Let's go." Yeonjun said, and Soobin nodded, and both walked out.

Soobin saw how they walked out of the store and into the parking lot, and then grabbed Yeonjun's sleeve. Yeonjun turned to him a little confused, but then realised, and his breath hitched. Soobin looked scared.

"Soob..." Yeonjun trailed, and Soobin looked at him nervously, and shook his head.

"Last time we were at a place like this, you got shot twice." Soobin said, and Yeonjun slung his arm around his waist.

"Well that won't happen again, okay?" Yeonjun whispered, and Soobin nodded, and then Yeonjun let go of him, and Soobin wished he didn't.

They walked to the bike and climbed onto it again, and Yeonjun started driving the motorcycle. They drove in silence, Soobin clutching onto his jacket again. Yeonjun drove until they reached a forest. Yeonjun stopped the bike, and Soobin looked at Yeonjun in confusion, eyes growing.