NBD : THE TWELFTH

<~>

<~>

"Don't be fucking stupid, Yeonjun-"

"Shut up, Jay! Morality is the least of my concerns, at the moment-" Yeonjun growled, and Jay grabbed his arm roughly, pushing him away.

"You're drunk." Jay snapped, and Yeonjun looked at him with darkened, watery eyes, hair falling on his eyes.

"And if I am? Do you expect me to keep pretending like- like I'm okay, Jay? You know, you know this is killing me-" Yeonjun said, and Jay sighed, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Of course I do, Yeonjun. But you aren't going to America-" Jay said, and Yeonjun rushed back over to the laptop, because a tab for buying tickets to America had been open for more than three weeks now.

"Don't try and stop me, Jay. I'm going. I need- I need to at least try and find him." Yeonjun let out, and Jay grabbed him roughly.

"Yeonjun get some fucking sense in you! What are you going to tell him, huh? He thinks you're dead, Jun. It's been a whole year, he's gone now, you need to understand that." Jay said, and Yeonjun shook his head, pushing Jay away.

"I-I'll talk to him! T-Tell him I-I'm alive, he'll-"

"He will ask you how you're alive. What are you going to say then, huh?" Jay said, eyebrows furrowing, "You're going to tell him the truth?"

"And what if I do? Will it be that bad?" Yeonjun snapped, looking at him, "Will he hate me that much if he finds out that everything I did was for him? That I pretended to die just so he'd leave?!" Yeonjun shouted, and Jay didn't look scared, just gave him a warning look.

Yeonjun stopped, and clenched his hands, breathing heavily, taking in what he said, "Jay, I miss him so much-" Yeonjun let out weakly, feeling salty tears trail down his cheek, "I-I want him so bad."

"I know, I know you do. But you need to know wherever he is, he's better now. My sister told me that he's fine. Happy, even." Jay said, and moved forward, wrapping his arms around the boy who looked like he was going to pass out.

"And you know you can't leave, Jun. Minhyuk won't let you." Jay said in a whisper, and Yeonjun nodded, standing limp in Jay's hold.

He knows he can't leave.

Knows he can't go.

But the thought of Soobin being happy was more than enough.

"Y-You think he still loves me?"

"I know he does."

<~>

Soobin stood there on a wooden walkway, eyes covered with Shuichi's hand. He could feel the bottom of Shuichi's palm pressing against his bruise which he covered with concealer.