NBD : THE EIGHTH

TRIGGER WARNING : MENTAL ILLNESS (AGE REGRESSION)

<~>

"Soobin." A warm voice said, alerting Soobin, who was looking down at his feet which were dangling off his bed he was perched on. He heard footsteps approach him, and fingers tugging his chin up. Soobin blinked.

"Mommy." Soobin squeaked, and the woman let out a small chuckle.

"I'm not your mother, darling."

Soobin blinked, looking down again, brain feeling fuzzy.

"Has Soobin eaten?"

"Y-Yes." Soobin let out, and saw the woman smile.

"Good. See, you're doing so much better than last week." She whispered, and Soobin nodded, staring into the wall.

"Mommy-" Soobin said out, not knowing how tightly he was clutching onto her shirt, "Milk."

The woman sighed, not bothering to correct him, just grabbing the mug from the table beside it and handing it to him.

"Hold it properly, okay?" She said, and then slowly left it in Soobin's hands.

The mug fell from his hands which didn't grip around them, and his arms fell uselessly to his side. The mug shattered on the floor, along with milk that spilt everywhere. The woman sighed, not in annoyance, but in concern, looking up at Soobin. Soobin just blinked, not responding, continuing to stare at the wall ahead and play with the little dress he was in.

"Soobie, you know what they said. You have to start drinking from mugs and eating properly. You're almost 20." She whispered, and Soobin didn't respond, just shook his head, and then brought his hands to his face, biting down on his thumb.

"No. I'm six! Six years old, mommy. O-Only six." Soobin said, and then kicked his feet up, earning another sigh from the older woman, "Six." He repeated.

"I'll get you a bottle with milk in it." She said, and Soobin shook his head again, harsher this time.

"No." Soobin said, and the woman frowned, "No!" Soobin screamed, voice hoarse and pitched, raising the woman's concern deep in her light eyes.

"Soobin-"

"S-Seonghwa! A-Ask Seonghwa to bring it. W-Want Seonghwa!" Soobin said, and the woman pursed her lips, and then grabbed onto Soobin's hand.

"Hey, Soobin. What did we tell you, Soobie? They're gone now. They're gone, baby." She whispered, and Soobin shook his head, and giggled.

"No, right here! They're right here." Soobin whispered, eyes growing big suddenly, emotion avid on his face, "Standing right here, mommy. Seonghwa came into my room and tucked me in last night." Soobin whispered, and then giggled like it was a secret.