NBD : THE NINETEENTH

"No." Yeonjun let out a shudder in his voice, "I'm not... I'm not going to do that."

A smile etched across the face of the man seated in front of him, dark eyes laced with a fear Yeonjun thought he got rid of.

"Oh... that's quite funny. You think you have a choice?" The man spoke, voice deep, making Yeonjun's skin crawl, "After everything you did. Ruining everything I had. For who? For my stupid, brainless, faggot son— who you quite conveniently sent off to another country, didn't you?"

Yeonjun gulped, "Minhyuk, he didn't want to be here. He left bec... because he wanted to-"

"He left because he thought you were dead!" Minhyuk shouted, and Yeonjun cowered his head.

"Don't act smart with me, Choi. The fact that you're standing here alive when all my men could've killed you instantly. You want them to do to you what those Chiantis did to my son?"

Yeonjun's eyes glistened and he looked up at him, face frail, "N-No, sir." Yeonjun whispered, and Minhyuk snickered.

"Good. Then you're going to do as I told you, understood?" Minhyuk spoke sharply, and Yeonjun looked up at him.

"When... when will I be out?" Yeonjun asked, and Minhyuk shrugged.

"6 months. A year. Two years. Whenever I feel like it."

"Please, sir... I don't want to stay here for long-"

"Then shut your mouth and do as I say." Minhyuk growled, and Yeonjun nodded his head, and then gulped.

"W-What about Seonghwa?"

"He'll be fine."

"Won't this increase his sentence? Couldn't he get out of jail with you?" Yeonjun asked, and Minhyuk chuckled.

"Oh, you naive young men. You think I don't know that he took over while I was gone? You think I'll let someone like him roam around with the knowledge he's acquired, with everything he knows? Oh no, his sentence will be prolonged till I die." Minhyuk spoke with no remorse in his words, and Yeonjun's eyes fogged.

"Of course. Nothing less expected from you." Yeonjun mumbled to himself, and Minhyuk laughed, as if agreeing.

And then Minhyuk got up, gave Yeonjun a hard slap on the back and headed for the door.

"My men will be watching your every move in prison, so don't even think of snitching or trying to escape, got it?"

Yeonjun looked straight ahead, "Yes, sir."

And then Minhyuk walked out, and his men, otherwise two prison guards who worked for him, walked up to Yeonjun and pulled him up from his chair, pulling him out of the room.

And then he was pushed into a prison cell, dressed in orange clothes that seemed unfamiliar, red hair falling on his eyes, tangled and unbrushed, falling onto a hard bed.

To protect him. To make sure he was safe.

To make sure he was out in the world without a scratch on his body.

For the only boy he ever loved, ever will love. For Soobin.

All for Soobin, he thought. All of it for Soobin.

><

They reached Busan in the morning.

Soobin was staring out the window with his eyes wide, lips in an 'o' shape, nose pressed against the window glass.