NBD : THE ELEVENTH

Soobin somehow made it back to his house alive

Soobin somehow made it back to his house alive. He walked for ages endlessly in the snow, feeling like a proper dumbass for not having his phone nor wallet or keys.

He was scared, alone, freezing, and felt like crying for hours on end.

Yeonjun's words hurt Soobin because there was truth in them, but Soobin didn't want to believe him.

Soobin opened the door of his house which was thankfully unlocked and walked in, letting out a small sigh in the warmth.

Which was weird... why?

Was the heater on? Soobin must've left it on. Either way, Soobin walked into the foyer and towards the stairs to his room, and then froze.

Soobin felt his stomach twist, "S-Shuichi." Soobin let out, seeing the older man leaning his elbows against the sofa, a glass of whiskey in his hand. Probably not his first one.

There was silence.

A silence so heavy Soobin could feel it sinking into his skin.

"I-I thought you wouldn't be back for another week." Soobin stated, and Shuichi looked up at him, and Soobin saw it. Saw how he had bags under his reddened eyes, looked pained, almost— and the guilt in Soobin intensified.

"Cut my trip short. Came back last night, wanted to come see you." Shuichi said, and then took a sip of his glass, a short curt sip, and then leaned back, placing the glass on the side table.

"Apologize." Shuichi added, and Soobin's breath hitched.

The younger boy stood there, feeling more than aware of Shuichi's eyes on him, "Where were you?"

Soobin hesitated, fingers pulling on the thread of his jeans, "O-Out-"

"Whose clothes are those?" Shuichi asked, and Soobin didn't like it.

Didn't like how calm he sounded, how serene, relaxed and grave his tone was.

"M-Mine-" Soobin tried, and Shuichi stepped closer to him, still a palpable distance between them.

Shuichi paused, as if he was giving Soobin a chance. A chance to tell him the truth.

Soobin gulped. "They're just... I-I got them from-"

"Whose fucking clothes are those, Soobin?" Shuichi shouted, all calmness in his tone gone. Soobin looked up at him, not wanting to duck his head and let himself get yelled at like always.

"They're my friend's." Soobin said, and Shuichi looked at him, not pleased with the answer, "A friend who decided to be with me while you were too busy frolicking in London with all those pretty girls during Christmas." Soobin snapped.

"For the last fucking time- I had work! I was busy all fucking day, working my ass off, for what? So you can buy yourself pretty things and keep yourself looking good for me-"