Finding Out The Secret

LOGAN POV

I knew dad was going to snap soon so i kept my gaurds up. As soon as I saw him take that tiny movement, I tackled him to the side. But he being the stronger one, easily pushed me off and went to Mason again.

What is up with him? He said Mason hurt mom but how? And when? 20 years ago, that is ages! But if anyone so much as poked Grace, I would remember them until I die!

I stood up from the ground and saw dad, Mason and Grace no where in sight. Mom was still standing in her same place but with a hand over her mouth and staring straight ahead.

"Get off of him!" I heard Graces sweet voice. But it was strained and pleading. I marched over to the door and was so shocked at the scene.

Dad was on top of Mason, punching him repeatedly while Grace was trying to take the hand that was currently choking Mason off. I felt as though I should do something. But it was a debate to either stop dad from hurting my mates father or to let him release his anger. I am so lost.

I decided that I should get him off of him. I didn't know the reason for his doings but this is my future father in law! He may not let me be with Grace after this, probably thinking I'm as crazy as my father Oh gosh dad, you really know how give me a name.

"Dad, stop now." I thought maybe my Alpha tone would work. It did a little because I saw him freeze for a bit but then he kept punching. Blow after blow of the same hand. "Dad, seriously, get off of him!" This time I added a little bit of action to it.

I know from experience that dad hates it when anyone slaps the back of his head. It's a bad/funny memory but I know I would always remember it. I was 11, I think, and we were playing rugby outside, just him and I. He had the ball so I tackled him. I turned the ball over and eventually got a try. Just to mock him, I "playfully" slapped the back of his head, just for mockery! I swear I saw his eye twitch. Lets just say that the next tackle was able to get him a red card because it was just too rough!

So that's what I did. I walked up to him and with my werewolf strength, I slapped him hard across the back of his head. My instinct was to run, but I knew better! His hand froze mid air and his grip on Masons neck loosened enough for Grace to get his hand off. He slowly turned his head until he was looking me right in the eyes.

They were black orbs, ready to suck me up and kill me. His wolf was fully out and I had pushed the wrong button. He was pissed before but now he can probably do more damage to anything than the army! At that moment I regretted doing what I just did. It's the rugby game all over again!

I slowly started taking steps back, my hands raised in a surrendering position. Dad slowly got off of Mason, allowing Grace to tend to her father. Mom was still in her same position and I knew she was my only savior in this. She is the only one that can stop dad at this moment.

Dad continued to stalk me, like a predator did to its prey. His own son. I panicked when I felt my back hit the porch railings, feeling as though there was no escape. Well there isn't!

"Ohmygosh!" A lady screamed and I heard someone fall to the floor. I assumed it was Graces mother, finally having sight of her beat up mate. However, her scream was enough to get dad out of his murderous trance. He stopped in his tracks and his eyes returned to a darker shade of his natural green. He did a U turn and instead of going to Mason, he went to mom.

I sighed in relief and smiled. That was so close. Note to self, never in your whole life, slap dad across the back of his head.

I watched as dad went and stood in front of mom, putting his hands on her shoulder while saying, "Are you ok?" Mom moved her face to look at dad before slamming herself against him. He was surprised but then hugged her back. From here i could see the blood that coated parts of dads hands.