Tabithas Mate

GRACE POV

I screamed and ducked down, perparing for the impact but it never came. I moved my hands away from my face and stood up, staring at the scene. It was no suprise seeing Luke standing up for me but the driver as well? I thought that maybe he didn't like me and was probably hoping Seth would attack me!

Also, Seth had stopped dead in his tracks, growling at the driver who didn't look phased. It looked pretty cool, Luke and the driver, standing tall infront of me, protecting me. But then again, i am the more dominant one here, an Alpha by blood! I should be standing up for myself. But then again again, i am pretty useless at this time.

"Seth, easy..." The driver warned, bringing his hand down slowly. It only made Seth growl more, taking a step forward. Luke got in a protective stance while the driver didn't seem phased. Man, is this guy iron man or something?

I stood up straight and stepped in between the two, pushing each of them to the side more so i could have space. The driver groaned but Luke was trying to push me back but i of course won. I was trying to stand up for myself but the driver just took a step forward, blocking me from Seth. I rolled my eyes and chose to stay put.

"Seth, turn around and walk away," The driver gritted out. Seth growled and i gasped when his eyes shifted to make contact with mine. They were so creepy, like they held so much bad memories and so many emotions.

He growled once more before turning around and running out of the cells. I exhaled the breath i was holding and turned to Luke who was smirking.

"Thanks," I mumbled, bumping my shoulder against his. He just shrugged and then went back to lying down on his bunk. Sure, just leave me here with the driver. But when i turned to look at the driver, i saw him waiting for me by the cell door, foot tapping the floor impaitiently.

He pretty much just saved my life. If he weren't there, then i would be dead right now. Or if someone other than him were there, then i would be watching my body from above. But why did he save me? I need to find that out and also what his name is because calling him 'the driver' is just weird.

"Are you going to come or just stare at my face?" He suddenly asked, annoyance clear in his voice. I rolled my eyes and started walking towards him. Something told me that he wouldn't hurt me, i'm not sure what but yeah.

After locking up the cell, he grabbed the chains inbetween my hands and hauled me forward. I groaned as the metal scrapped against my skin but continued forward. I looked at all the cells as i walked past them, giving all the guys reassuring smiles. They gave me nods and thumbs up, wishing me good luck. I mentally promised to get them out of here when i escape.

Once the door was locked and it was just the driver and i walking up the stairs, i decided it was time to thank him.

"Uh, thanks for that," I mumbled, staring at my hands. Am i supposed to thank one of my kidnappers? I mean, he is just as bad as Seth, right? But he saved my life, and that's what makes him different.

"Yeah, whatever." He grumbled, not even giving me a glance.

I huffed, "So, what's your name?"

"Look, I'm not here to make conversation, alright? I'm just here to take you to boss so I can leave to my mate." He growled, walking faster.

"Oh! You have a mate?" I questioned, getting an idea. I saw him slightly nod so I decided to mess with him. "Oh lucky you. Get to see your mate and have the assurance of her not getting kidnapped,"

"I don't need this, so just shut up!" He growled, picking up speed. I grumbled and walked with him.

When we were up the stairs, we were in a hallway that was guarded by two rogues. They both smirked at me, making me growl at them. The driver kept pulling me along down the hall to a set of doors. The once open, we walked past and I gasped.