Spy or no spy?

LOGAN POV

"Logan!" I finished shooting the target and stared at dad. He looked the same, as though what he did to me had no affect on him. I gave him an annoyed look, trying to show him that I had no time for this.

"What?" I started reloading my gun, trying to distract myself from him.

"I need to talk to you, privately." He looked at Colton who was staring at us in much interest. Once he noticed both of us staring at him, he nodded and dropped the punching bag before walking out of the gym.

I didn't want him to go, it seems as though this is going to be awkward. Especially if he apologizes.

"Shoot." I pointed my gun at him as a joke but then put it back in my holster.

"Look, I need you to pay attention."

"Mmhmm." I got my other gun out and inspected it. Like I said, I needed a distraction.

"You understand why I hit you?" I paused for a second and then continued to inspect my gun.

"Yep." I popped the ' p ' for special effects.

"Good, then you should understand why I am saying what I am about to say." He hesitated and then spoke. "I don't think you should see Grace." I froze, replaying what he just said in my head.

What gives him the right to decide that? She is my mate, my other half! This man just went across the line, involving my mate.

I harshly put my gun back in my holster and turned to him. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. "Why the fu*k do you think that, dad?"

He gave me a warning look but I dismissed it. He sighed, "Do you want to get revenge on Chris?" That's a weird question.

"What does this have to do with anything?"

"Answer the question." He sounded annoyed but I didn't care, I was annoyed too!

"Yes, of course I do!" I grumbled.

"Then you'll understand that we'll soon start a war between the two packs?" I froze. I didn't even think about that! Now that we know Chris or Mason is there, we're going to have to start a war with them.

"Oh." I simply mumbled, turning to face the ground.

"Yes, i don't want you and your mate to get in the middle of my revenge."

"I'll bring her here." I looked up, glad that i found a way for Grace and i to be together.

"Not while i'm still living and Alpha of this pack! She's his offspring, Logan. How would we know if she is spying on us or if she has her own plans?" He suggested, making me even more furious.

He's standing here, acting as though my mate were as bad as her father? Sure she's his offspring but that doesn't mean she's exactly like him!

"But how are you so sure, dad?" I made my voice lower, making myself seem in power.

"Open your eyes Logan!" He took a step forward but I kept my ground. "She is his offspring! If I were the one that had done those things to Graces mother, whose side would you take?"

That was a very good point. No matter what dad did, I will always have his back. Through thick and thin. We've been like that since I could remember and I don't even know how tight Grace and her father are. It was then I realized that dad was right. I can't see Grace anymore. Our love will just in the way of the war we're soon going to start.

But was I willing to do it? To forget about my mate and instead focus on getting revenge for my mother? Maybe even reject her? I heard my wolf howl in pain as I thought this but I ignored him. No matter how many times I will think this through, I know I will always want revenge.