Which Mate To Trust

LOGAN POV

"How are you feeling?" I asked, tightening my grasp on her hand. I hadn't let go the entire time we started walking home. She still had the wolfsbane running through system so she was unable to shift. I offered her ride on my back but she declined.

"I'm good," She glanced at me to give me a small smile. She looked skinnier and her skin was a little paler than normal. It worried me and i felt the need to tend to her immediatly. But i couldn't do that until we get back home and i see to Boss and Seth.

I wasn't sure when i should apologize to her. She hasn't brought it up yet and neither have i. I don't want to incase she forgot about it and wanted me because i'm sure she still hates me. "I never want to see you again." Her words ringing in my ears made me frown. I hope that wasn't true.

But the most important thing to me right now was getting her back to normal. I want that girl i met while on holiday. Not this fragile, weak girl. I want that girl whose voice was filled with confidence and strength. Not this girl whose voice sounds as though she's trying to reassure herself.

Looking up, my frown deepened when i saw my sister and cousin walking silently next to their mates. Boss was had his arms tied around his back with Ty holding it in place. Seth had the same while Colton was holding his arms. They were both looking down, both shocked and confused on what to do.

Colton had recovered pretty fast. We were going to get the bullet out of his calf before the wound healed over it but he said to leave it. Apparantly it's cool to him. But what will happen when he goes through customs in airports?

~

Getting to Masons pack house, i was extremely suprised to see my father and mother waiting for us. Our warriors had gone home but my parents had stayed back. But judging at how my mother was talking with Britanny before we were seen, they looked like close friends. However, my father had a light snarl on his face as he stood by my mother, obvisouly not approving of the two Lunas relationship.

When we were seen, Britanny and my mother ran to us before engulfing their kids into huge hugs. I stumbled back a bit but regained posture and tightened my grip. "I'm so glad  you're ok." She mumbled in my neck. I chuckled and pulled back, my smile getting wider as i saw my mother engulf Grace into a hug.

It made my day to see this. I never thought my mother would approve of my mate and dispised of Grace as much as dad. But the way she held Graces' face with such a worried motherly expression made me know that my mother would accept Grace like her own.

My father slowly came towards us and stopped in front of us. He nodded at me but i was sick and tired of him always nodding at me, acting as though i were not his son. I pulled him into a hug and chuckled when i felt him tense. I know that if my father hadn't had shown up then Grace wouldn't have been here.

"Thanks dad," I mumbled.

He awkwardly patted my back, "Uhhh, it's fine son." I pulled back and gave him a cheeky grin. He rolled his eyes and his next action shocked us all. He legit went up to Grace and patted her shoulder. He patted her shoulder!! He gave her a small smile. "I hope you're okay?"

She smiled back and nodded, "Thanks Alpha." He nodded and that little scene that had shocked me, my mother and Mason (who had just arrived at his daughters side) ended. Was i was flabbgased and that made my week! I hope that this it the beginning of friendship and forgiveness.

"Hey guys," Hazel came and hugged my mother, a small smile on her lips. She hugged my father and he gave her a look that clearly read 'we'll talk about this soon'. She nodded and walked off towards the pack house.