The Comfrontation

LOGAN POV

Eager to find out what he found, i ran as fast as i could up the stairs and to his room. When i opened the door, i was welcomed with dad and Colton who were staring at dads laptop. They looked up and dad ushered me to go to him.

I cleared my throat and walked ahead. Dad took the headphones out and turned the laptop to face me. I stopped in front of his desk, gulping more times than nessessary. They were staring at me, probably expecting me to say something.

"Uhh, what did you find?" I asked, scratching the side of my face. 

"Listen." He pressed enter and then i began to hear chains grinding against eachother. The screen was black but i could make out what was happening from the noises i was hearing. 

The intruder was opening the doors. If Mason hadn't oiled the doors, then there would've been much more creaking but i'm glad he had oiled them. It would've been a pain having to listen to creaking while trying to hear what dad found. 

"Wrong move." It was girl. She had changed her voice a bit but anyone who knows her would know it's her. The next song heard was of Grant who had gotten a shock as though something had jumped on him. 

"Who...are..you?" I'm guessing were Grants last words but before i heard the body drop to the floor, i heard the intrudor choke, as though they were crying. That's probably what dad found. 

"The intrudor was crying." I mumbled, looking up from the laptop and to dad who was nodding. 

"Yeah, and the intrudor is a girl." Colton added, standing straigher. 

She was careless. That was the only thing i could think of at that time. How careless she had been. She shouldn't even had said anything let alone cry! I told her it would be a hard job but she insisted she do it. She never listens to me and this is what happens when she doens't listen to me. 

"Why do you think she was crying?" I asked, copying how Colton was standing. He was standing like a body gaurd; legs shoulder width apart, back staright and hands behind back. Add camo pants, black tee and combat boots and he might be ready to join the army. 

"Because she killed her mate." Dad mumbled, narrowing his eyes at me. My heart stopped at that very second and i gulped nervously. Dad stood up before taking slow steps towards me. "Did she kill her mate, Logan?" He whispered, standing right in front of me.

He was intimidating. Dad was everything i wished i could be. He was fun, immature and cool but when things get serious, he's the Alpha you don't want to get involved with. It's because of him that our pack is succeeding like we are today. I'm just scared that i might screw it up for us.

Knowing that dad was too smart to look through any of my lies, i sighed. "Ask her." I mumbled, moving to the side and pointing to the door.

"You're joking!" Colton yelled, walking slowly towards us. "You believe that she killed her own mate? That's crazy! She would never-" 

"It's true," I cut him short, agreeing with everything he was saying but knowing that it was a lie. "We should go and ask her." Since dad wasn't moving, i took the liberty in leading them to her room. 

The walk there was silent and long. Who knew dad would find the answer so fast. All he needed was a copy of the security footage and bam, he found who the intruder is.

But she was careless. One of the best silent killers my a$$. What kind of silent killer cries upon killing thier victom? If she hadn't said a word, and hadn't cried then i think she would've gotten away with it.

FLASHBACK

"Why are you crying?" I asked, stopping in the middle of a clearing. Hazel moved and sat down on a fallen log, wiping her tears as she made her way. Was she was sat down and comfortable, she looked up an frowned.