When Your Enemy Becomes Your Friend

IRA POV

"What'd he say?" I asked him, sitting down on the sofa. He sighed and layed his elbows on the table before rubbing his temples. The way his muscles were tense and how he had a light scowl on his face let me know that something was wrong.

"He wants back up," He growled softly, looking up to meet my worried eyes.

"So? Send it?" I shrugged it off as though Logan had asked for extra ketchup.

"Send it?" He repeated. He stopped rubbing his temples and placed his fists in front of him. "I don't care the she's his mate. I only care that she's Chris' daughter. That son of a bit*ch finally has some karma heading his way." I stood up from shock at what he had just said.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Jace? You're getting blinded by revenge!" I growled. "That poor girl was kidnapped and you're refusing to help?" It felt so wrong to think that my own mate would refuse such a thing.

"Have you ever heard of 'what goes around comes back around'? This is karma saying hello to Chris." Although he was growling, he chose to stay seated.

"What he did to me was years ago! I'm still not over it but we can't blame an innocent girl just because she is his offspring. That is my future daughter in law, your sons mate and this packs future Luna. We have to send back up, Jace."

"We're not sending back up!" He pounded his fist onto the table as he stood up, the room shaking from his inhumane growl. We were both panting from the growls while we glared at eachother. Just the thought of not helping my future daughter in law is what made me pissed.

"I'm going to go whether you're going or not." My voice was low, hoping that he would get just how serious i was about this. He didn't say anything but his body shook, vibrating as he tried to keep his wolf down.

"I don't want you near him," He finally muttered, not changing his posture. Although i didn't completly trust Chris now, i still felt the need to go there. Besides, my children, neices and nephew will be there. But i wanted Jace to come with me. To show him that everything will be alright.

"Why don't you come with m-"

He cut me off, "Don't you dare finish that sentence! You know i would rather die than step onto his territory again."

"But-"

"That's enough, Ira! This conversation is over! You're not going and we're not sending back up. I will not risk a pack members life for that bastard." He slumped back into his chair before picking up a pen and beginning to write something, acting as though we didn't just have an arguement.

I knew that Jace was only doing this because Grace is related to Chris. If it were any other girl then he wouldn't have hesitated to send back up. He needs to see that Grace is an innocent girl who is in trouble and without our help, could possibly die.

"Before i go Jace, i want you to think about the question i am about to ask you." He kept writing, unaffected by my words so i kept going. "What if it were Hazel that had been kidnapped?" His body went tense and he stopped writing. I could tell this question got to him so i turned around and walked out of the office, allowing him to think about it.

LOGAN POV

"We found her, dad." I happily stated into the phone.

"That's great, son." Although his voice sounded cheery, i knew that he completly dipised of the thought of Grace and i together.

"But we need to fight to get her. I need some back up." I got serious.