Sweets and Cars

Eventually they pull into a familiar street and Niki smiles at the sight of her old house. Phil pulls up to the sidewalk with practiced ease and both Tommy and Niki get out.

The taller blonde walks to the trunk of the car and picks up one of the grey suitcases, wheels making a small clatter on the floor. She happily grabs the one he just put down and makes her way towards her house.

He watched as the smile on her face grew wider and wider and he followed her down the path with the two other suitcases.

He smiles at her as she opens the door, Niki fumbled with the key for a few seconds before finally getting it in and twisting the lock.

"SURPRISE!"
Both him and Niki jumped  as four people shot out at them. He looked up only to be met with Fundy, Tubbo, Ranboo and Nikis mother. Well this isn't awkward.
She laughed and hurried in to hug her mom and brother.

"Hey Niki, where do you want me to put these?"

She smiled at him for what felt like the twentieth time today before saying "just in the corner is fine thank you!" He moved quickly, dropping the suitcases in the corner.
He was aware of the eyes that were on him. Let's just say if looks could kill he'd be 6ft under.

Niki made her way toward Tommy giving him a quick hug and another thank you before letting him go. "It's no issue really, I have to go now my friends are waiting for me. Nice to meet you though Niki!"

There gaze continued to linger as he made his way out of the house. Even as Niki waved him off to the car the three other teenagers continued to watch.

He jumped into the car and pulled his seatbelt on. Phil set off home and the car seemed to go at a much slower and taunting speed, Tommy knows that his dads old but that doesn't mean he has to drive like it! I mean seriously how slow can a car go until it stops moving?

They finally arrive home and Tommy has forty five minutes to spare as he runs up to his room switching his sweater for a cleaner and brighter
t-shirt, it was cream with a daisy embroidered onto it. He then threw a jacket over the top. Tommy grabbed twenty bucks a lighter and his cigarettes.

Outside a van pulled up. It looked like a holiday van where you would park it near the coast and have a family vacation, it was yellow with different stickers and names scratched and placed on it. Tommy for once in his life wasn't running late so he walked downstairs and made his way to the front door.

"when will you be back?"
He turned around only to be met with his family. Wilbur looked unimpressed and almost angry. Techno was hard to read, not impossible but hard, and he was just bored out of his mind and probably jet lagged. Phil was supposed to be the one asking the question but it was in fact Wilbur. His dad doesn't care and that clear liquid he's sipping on isn't water.

"I don't know. It's not like I have a curfew"

With that Tommy left. Wilbur shot a look towards his dad. Techno left for his room.

"Tomas!" "Kid! Hey!" "Tommy!!"

The young blond smiled as he climbed into the back of the van unaware of the eyes watching him from the window. He was encased in a hug by Karl and he watched as Quackity tried to join but was beaten by George.

Sapnap and Dream laughed at his suffering.
It took longer than it should've to get to the store but for some reason it felt better and by longer I mean nearly two hours longer because Quackity left his phone at Dreams so they had to drive all they way back. Then find his phone.

The car was filled with chaos as "The Real Slim Shady" played in the background (Sapnap was in charge of the music). Everyone was there apart from Punz who had self defence classes.
Dream eventually pulled into the car park and they all raced toward the store.
Tommy won with Sapnap coming a close second. George just stood back and refused to run, something about his hair being too perfect or something.

A little while later Tommy was leaving the shop with a few lollipops a bag of chips and a monster, he also bought a yo-yo cause Karl said it was cool and he could show Tommy some tricks. The others had almost identical items some opting for chocolate or ice cream.

By the time they made their way out of the shop it was around 2pm.

Just as they were about to walk out of the store the group ran into Niki and her friends..Tubbo threw Tommy a dirty look and Fundy also did the same?
What did I do to Fundy?
Niki smiled and laughed at the fact they ran into each other again and with a quick goodbye they both went their own ways.

"Who were they?"
Tommy looked toward Quackity who was now walking alongside him instead of behind him. Even though the others weren't as close to them he knew they were listening.

Normally, Tommy would be pissed that someone was listening in on his personal business but he didn't mind it so much, he seems concerned for the blonde.

Like they were looking out for him.

"oh the girl was Niki she's my brothers friend. We picked her up from the airport today when we went for my brothers."

George then butted in.
"and the boys?"
How can Tommy word this nicely? I mean why should he, Tubbo definitely doesn't speak highly of him by judging the look on Fundy face. He felt sorry for Ranboo.

"Ex-Bestfriends. They said I was a dick because I was focused more on my family issues than them."
"Yikes fuck them am I right?"
Sapnap then pulled out a beer from the back of the van and since they were parked in the far part of the carpark there was no one really to stop them.

"yeah! fuck them!" Quackity quickly snatched the bottle off of him before chugging it all to prove his point.

Tommy laughed as he did so. He and Karl watched as the rest of them drank and fought over what music should play. Apparently Karl doesn't like drinking all that much and so Tommy just sat with the brunette as he nursed his monster can.

Tommy doesn't know why they started drinking so early but who is he to judge. He pulled out a cigarette and quickly searched his pockets for the little yellow lighter.
Guess he forgot it.

"oh Sapnap has a lighter."
Tommy smiled at Karl, "of course Sapnap has a lighter." Karl laughed and questioned Tommy on what he ment to which the younger just waved him off with a "I don't know he just seems like the guy to have a lighter." to which Karl quickly says "it's the bandanna" and the young blonde doesn't disagree.

He stands and makes his way toward Sapnap and Dream as the two dance around to a song Tommy doesn't recognise.

"Sap!" Black hair flung in every direction as he twirled around and so does Dreams.
The older blonde raps his arms around Tommy and stands behind him in almost a protective way. "Do you have a lighter big man?"

Sapnap then pulls out a fancy golden lighter. It's small but not so much that it would be difficult to use, it's a Zippo. He flips it and a flame appears and Tommy takes the cigarette from behinds his ear and it lights.

Soft red embers glow at the end of the stick. He takes a hit and then Dream, who's head is still resting on Tommys, holds his hand out expectingly and Tommy passes him the cigarette.

"Thanks Sap" A short pause and then smoke was blown out from above his hair, ash falling into blonde hair.
"Dream you idiot not on my hair!"

Chaos then erupts.
"Quackity get off mee"
"Karl help!"
Small laughs could be heard if you listened close enough but the random lyrics that played were louder.

Smoke mixed with music and Tommy realised that he's always been correct. Family isn't always blood.