Final Goodbyes

The grass was wet under his feet, green football boots muddy and covered with blades of grass. Blue eyes squinted as a large toothy grin pushed against his cheeks. Blonde hair was sweaty and grimy.

His eyes were trained on the ball, hands at the ready. Everyone was staring at the 'wide receiver'  millions of eyes trained on the one player. He would feel his tongue in his mouth grow heavy and his eyes grow tired, he needed to score.

'Set, hut!"

The ball flew, blonde hair was dragged back as he began running, sticking to the left side of the pitch. There was no stopping, no slowing down. He had ran all of his life.

A loud ringing noise became apparent as he saw the ball flying towards him, his hand grasped it, clinging to the object. The spikes on the bottom of his shoes ripped up the grass as he spun his body to the side, dodging another player.

Heaving he slammed the ball down onto the floor, the rain bouncing off of it.

There was a silence before everything made so
much noise all at once.

It was perfect.

Cheers filled the stadium and the blonde was tackled to the floor, his torso being squeezed tight effectively cutting off his oxygen.

"Tommy! We won!"

Green eyes stared at blue as they both cheered and celebrated, his heart was beating out of his chest and Tommy couldn't fathom what was happening.

Tears formed in his eyes as he stared into the stands, multiple fans were screaming their names or were dancing around. They had won, everyone would always remember them as the team who won the 2022 super bowl.

Tommy had laughed at the name when George had first told him what they were training for but now it meant the world to him. Everything he had ever trained for lead up to this and Tommy had done it.

A warm hand wrapped around his wrist and Tommy didn't even think about what the implications could mean.

He had stopped being scared when the hands became kind and promises of love instead of threats of violence.

"you can't live your life in fear."

And so he allowed himself to be dragged across the field, people still screamed and cheered. Some left the stands with their heads hanging low and Tommy could only laugh.

Bulky armour then bashed into them, the person's helmet being forgotten, which in his opinion was a bad idea as he watches as the man throws himself towards them only to crash against the floor.

A loud cackle came from behind the three of them and Punz marched up to the two brothers.. Two and a half? Tommy isn't sure if Sapnap survived his crash,
"Just a bruised ego he'll be fine."
A heavy hand patted him on the shoulder.

Reaching down he helped Sapnap from the floor. Rolling his eyes at the stupidity of it all.

The adrenaline had yet to settle as he was lifted up and onto the man's shoulders. Tommy claimed that he was too old but they all disagreed.

He was carried out by his family, a golden trophy being pushed into his arms. Scanning the crowd he was finally let down, he stilled towered over the majority of the people around them having grown a few inches.

Entering the changing rooms multiple drinks were shared, not enough to get the team drunk because that was for later. Opening his phone Tommy looked at his lock screen, it was the picture of his family. Dressed in suits and with the stupid smiles adding to the rather dapper outfit.