Too late

Morbid screams could be heard from inside the family's car, the low humming being the backing track of Wilbur's vocals. Blonde hair was a tattered mess and blue eyes dazed in and out of consciousness, Tommy wondered if his brother every got tired of yelling.

Technos arms were heavy, like big sacks of bricks. His breathing creeped down his neck and the brown eyes that were full of remorse now held a dead look to them. Pink hair was also ruffled by the wind a result of Tommys taste of freedom.

Tommy concluded that he would be a good bodyguard. Maybe police man. He rolled his eyes at the irony.

Phil had yet to say anything, being a get away driver must be hard for a drunk. Tommy doesn't blame him for keeping his concentration on the road.

He had drank till he was drunk one night, Phil was nowhere to be found and the faux blonde wanted to know how good his replacement was.

What did Phil deem better than his youngest?

That was one of the nights where everything settled into the neat slots that life had moulded for him. Destiny is something that Disney characters talked about when referring to their true love. Maybe he was more of a Pixar production, they were the ones to have a sadder under tone.

After a heaving chest and an ache, a craving for freedom he was back at the house. Being forced through the door, Technoblades hand firm on his arm as Wilbur demanded that he took his shoes off.

To chase a deer is stupid. Just make it so the deer cannot run.

The car ride had taken less than five minutes, his heart stilled at the realisation that he hadn't even been close. Technoblade blindly followed their brothers commands as Tommy was pulled up the stairs and pushed into the brunettes room.

Floor boards creaked under the mass of muscle that was his brother as he turned away from the potential death sentence and walked away.
Tommy watched him leave and he heard Wilbur's knuckles crack.

They were red and agitated from the abuse they had endured early and Tommy guess that there was still a resemblance between the two of them. Inseparable brothers, Like the good old times.

A curl of a hand and the strike of a fist was all it took for Tommy to be left sprawled out on the bedroom floor.

Wilbur was never good at knowing where the line was. A crunch rang out, a painful scream followed not long after.

Feet were harsh against carpet as they slipped down the stairs, socks providing no grip. Several pairs of eyes looked at the crazed man as he stopped to breathe. His hands on his knees and his blonde hair dangling in his face.

"Dream?" Sapnap eyed his bestfriend. They had known each other since birth yet the two of them were just as unpredictable as the day they met. Their mothers had quite the time with their terrible twos.

Green eyes showed no sign of that unpredictability instead they were iced over with the indistinguishable look of fear. The group moved to sit up slightly as they waited on their friend.

"Tommy." Dream couldn't breathe but it seemed to be enough for everyone else. It was a blur of motion as they all began moving. Karl threw shoes at those in need while Punz shot upstairs to grab what he needed.
Everyone had a role and they played into it.

Sharp breaths evaporated into the air, a mess of limbs tangled against each other as they tried and failed to throw themselves in the shell  of which was the van. With a start of an engine they were off.

Quackity hush everyone as his classes were finally paying off. Being a lawyer was only as difficult as you paint it to be, having the right contacts may save someone's life. It was the first lesson he had been taught and really the only one he put to good use. He finished his final phone call of the night and was given the go ahead.

The police would be there thirty minutes after them and he's not sure if that gives Dream enough time or not but it better. He has to make it work. They were running on limited resources, half of them are nowhere near finishing college and the legal side of this battle will take a few months to process.

Tommys house wasn't far now and all they needed to do was get in and get out. Easier said than done in George's opinion but he was the medical student and the only first aid they'd have. Fear flooded the eldest head as he worried for his friends. His family.

Trees lined the backs of the houses as they slowed to a stop. The neighbouring houses were quiet, a perfect looking thing really. The black door taunted them as the van stopped and three of them got out.

Slush sunk into Punz's shoes as the three of them walked up the path, the patio was just as cold. No warmth seeped out of the house, the paint flaked off of the door. Dream wasted no time, flinging open the door and raising his bat.

Stepping into the living room two pairs of eyes greeted them as Punz bolted straight up the stairs.
The house itself was unloved, uncared for. It was clear that no one had truly lived in it. Sure people stayed there but no one live, just survived.

Phil stumbled over his feet as he tried to steady himself. The twin took a step back as he knew how to pick his battles. Both of them stared at the men who had just entered their home, dumbfounded in a way. Dream pushed the wooden bat into Sapnaps hands and he ran upstairs after Punz.

Heavy breathing could be heard at the end of the hallway and the warmth of the yellow light illuminated the hallway. One door laid open while the others were shut tight, possibly under lock and key.

Forest green converse thumped against the floorboards as he skidded to a stop at the only open door. What stared back at him both ruined his view of the world and rebuilt it in a few moments notice.

Blonde hair was matted with blood, it stuck to the splinters of wooden floor. The family's home had been repainted red.

Tommy laid in a pool of blood.  

Police sirens wailed outside.

His chest was still, not a rise or a fall. Not a second of air entering the teens system.