Guilty your honnour

Thirty days had passed and his family had be let out of their holding cells. Tommy had spoken to multiple people within those days, useless information was drawn out of him as he tried to forget what had happened.

Social workers poked at him, prompting evidence out of him as questions that he had heard several times were directed at him again.
Doctors had scanned and scraped every part of his body for results of previous abuse, taking pictures of every scar that plagued his skin.
Lawyers rambled about the law and the time that his family would receive in jail, how they would 'accommodate his needs'.

Tommy didn't have any 'needs'.

All the poking and taking was starting to pile up. There was only so much of it he could take before he had a voice inside his head pleading him to drop the charges. Not that he could.

He had no choice in the matter. It was people who thought they were making a difference when all they were really doing is digging up things that had been buried deep so long ago.

Quackity promised that some good will come out of it but Tommy was tired.

He could no longer tell the difference between the bruises on his face to the dark coloured eye bags that were a result of his exhaustion. His hair was unkept from his hands constantly being ran through it.

Tommy could no longer look in a mirror.
The person who stared back at him was not one he could recognise.

Being surrounded by those who love him helped. It helped more that they would ever imagine, more than he'd ever be able to thank them for. When he tried to do exactly that he was cut off and told that they were treating him how he should've been treated his entire life.

It was more often than not that he would cry. Before it was an uncommon thing because a physical display of weakness would have led to him being eaten alive. But he was okay now. He was allowed to cry.

The court date came in the mail. Dream had been the one to pass Tommy the letter, shaking hands fought with the glue holding the opening down. They listened as he read it out and he watched as they marked in on the communal calendar. Sitting in the living room he stared at them as they all called in sick for the twenty eighth.

He was loved.

Tommy laughed at them as he lined them up. All of them dressed smart in their suits that they had dug out of their closets. He took a picture of them all, claiming that they looked too stupid to go.

Quackity shouted in mock offence and Dream picked him up as he paraded Tommy around. George rolled his eyes much like the day they had met as he tried to get Dream away from Tommy. This time the fondness in his eyes was something Tommy could enjoy as well.

Punz laughed alongside Tommy before he was told that he was included in the 'stupid category'. Both Sapnap and Karl had collapsed due to the look on his face. No one acknowledging the situation that was to come.

They were just happy to be with each other.

Humid air surrounded them as Tommy sat on left side of the court room. His tie had been done by George as he was taught how to tie it in the bathroom mirror. Shiny dress shoes had been shoved onto his feet and he was now sat in the most uncomfortable chair known to man.

Tommy was under strict instructions. One of many being not to laugh at the judges wig.

It was difficult he must admit.

All humour disappeared when his family entered the room. Wilbur and Techno had matching suits. They were both tailored to their bodies and for once the twins looked their age. His father looked to be sober, which was a shock in itself. Phil was unable to go sober for more than a week. Apart of Tommy pitted the man as he had to go without his addiction for thirty days.