Chapter 10: snowball fight

We were hit with the cold December air as soon as we got off the jet in New York. I only realized there how much I had missed this place. The buildings were decorated with fairy lights and there were Christmas trees everywhere. I looked up feeling cold snowflakes land on my face before melting. Shuri looked like a kid on Christmas morning, she marvelled at the ice-skating and the huge Christmas ornaments. I literally had to drag her away when our taxi arrived.

After the taxi driver had dropped us off at my house, Shuri took my hand keeping me from going inside.

"I'm nervous, how do I greet them?" Shuri asked her fingers digging into my skin.

"You can shake my dad's hand and my sister will probably be quite shy at first," I smiled reassuringly before ringing the doorbell.I heard my sister running to the door calling my dad to come. The door opened revealing my dad smiling widely and my little sister looking up at us.

"Hey Will," I laughed catching her as she threw herself at me.

"So, you are the famous Shuri?" my dad stated with a smirk winking at me.

"Dad," I protested, standing up with Willow on my arm. Shuri laughed introducing herself to my dad and shaking his hand. I tried to get my sister to say hi, but she was too shy. She always needed some time to warm up to strangers, but once she spent some time with them, she couldn't be stopped.

We went inside putting our bags into my old bedroom before sitting down on the living room couch. My dad asked Shuri about how things were going in Wakanda listening closely to everything she told him about her country. It calmed me down to see them bonding that easily. Meanwhile, my sister climbed into my lap, showing me her newest drawings. I didn't even realize how much I had missed her until now. My dad went to the kitchen to prepare us some coffee and cookies declining my offer to help him.

"Will, show Shuri your drawings," I said encouraging my sister to talk to Shuri.

She looked at me with big eyes, then looked at Shuri before she decided that Shuri seemed nice enough. She got off my lap to sit down next to her and proudly showed her the drawings. It seemed like they were alright without me, so I got up to check on my dad.

"She seems really nice..." My dad noted, "So are you two together or just friends?"

I didn't expect him to be that straightforward, "We haven't really discussed that yet, but I'd say more than friends,"

Luckily he left it at that shrugging his shoulders before picking up a tray with coffee and cookies. It seemed as if my sister had already completely lost her shyness as she was now sitting in Shuri's lap blabbing on about what she wanted for Christmas. Shuri was listening carefully and laughing at all her jokes. It was adorable.

We spent the rest of the afternoon by playing boardgames with my sister and helping my dad prepare dinner. It was as if Shuri had already been here a million times, Willow loved her and my dad seemed to like her too.

"My sister is gonna like you more than me by the end of this visit," I chuckled as we were laying in my old bed after watching a Christmas movie with my family.

"Wait till she gets my present," Shuri whispered against my head. My head was resting on her chest, and she had her arms around me.

"I'm glad that you get along with them," I mumbled with a smile.

"Me too..." She replied pressing a kiss to my hair.

****

We were woken up by my sister jumping onto our bed the next morning. She squeezed in between us warming her ice-cold feet on my legs as I pulled her to my chest. Shuri chuckled watching us with a fond look on her face. After Willow had dragged us out of bed, we ate breakfast and got ready to go outside. My sister was already playing around in our garden when we got outside dressed in thick jackets and snow pants. Willow wanted to build a snowman, so we helped her roll up the parts for the body and I got a carrot to use for the nose.

I was looking at our finished product when a snowball hit me right in the face. Shuri and my sister were cackling next to me.

"Oh, it's on!" I threw a snowball at Shuri hitting her in the back. She and my sister ganged up on me, Willow handing Shuri snowball after snowball to fire at me. One hit Shuri in the neck, making her shake around trying to get the snow out of her jacket.

"You are gonna regret this," She laughed picking up some snow and running towards me. She threw herself at me trying to put the snow into my jacket. I almost died of laughter trying to push her off, but I was too weak. Eventually she gave up, rolling off me and laying on her back next to me. I turned towards her with a wide grin on my face. She looked so free, laying there in the snow with a huge smile on her lips, the snowflakes landing on her skin. I pressed a soft kiss on her lips before getting up.

"We should get inside, it's freezing," I said helping her up.

My dad had taken my sister ice skating, but we decided to stay home. We drank hot chocolate, but I was still shivering after our snowball fight earlier.

"I'm gonna take a hot shower," I informed Shuri.

"Without me?" She pouted jokingly.

I laughed rolling my eyes at her comment, "I mean you can join me if you want, but no funny business,"

She smirked raising her eyebrows, "Well, I'm freezing too, so we might as well safe some water..."

I got us two bathrobes while Shuri waited for me in the bathroom.

"This "no funny business" rule is gonna be quite hard," Shuri muttered as I took off my clothes getting into the shower. I chuckled waiting for the water to get warm. My hair was already soaked when she got in, visibly shivering from the cold. I pulled her under the stream to warm her up. She put her arms around me, her gaze fixed on mine. She was right, this would be quite hard. Her hands were running up and down my back and her face kept coming closer until her lips lingered over mine barely touching mine.

"Shuri..." I warned her as she leaned in to press her lips on mine. I didn't even try to stop her as she pulled me closer her lips not leaving mine. Her wet body felt so good against mine. I wrapped my arms around her neck letting her take the lead. My family wouldn't return until later anyway, so it's fine, I thought to myself. I felt her hand in my wet hair as she deepened the kiss, her tongue roaming over mine. A small moan escaped me when she let her hand glide down my back settling further down to press me against her. I started kissing her neck water running over my face. She had her eyes closed, her mouth slightly open exhaling heavily. I pulled away to look into her eyes before she turned me around by my waist, pressing my backside against her. She kissed my neck gently biting my skin, one hand keeping me in position while she let her other hand go lower. My whole body shivered as I felt her fingers drawing light circles on my spot. I arched my back, my ass pushing against her making her breath hitch. I felt pleasure build up in my stomach as her fingers pushed inside me, her breath against my neck and the water running over our bodies.

When we got out of the shower, my dad and my sister were still not home. I put on some fresh sweatpants and one of Shuri's hoodies before going downstairs to make us some tea. We sat down on the couch watching the first best Christmas movie we found. I cuddled up against Shuri drifting away in her arms.