Chapter 12: something to watch

The next days were spent by lying around on the couch, eating cookies and leftovers while some movie was playing in the background. Shuri really started to open up, after we had talked about my mother, and we spent a lot of time in the studio. I taught her the chords of an easy Ed Sheeran song, and we looked through my mother's old songs.

Christmas was already two days ago, and we had planned to go out with Ava and Riri today. We wanted to get dinner at our favourite Sushi place and afterwards go to a club that had only recently opened. I put on a short black satin dress with dark tights underneath, and before we left, I threw my coat over it, slipping into my black boots. Shuri looked hot, well she always did, but that evening she looked especially hot. Wide black trousers hung low on her waist, and she had put on a matching oversized suit jacket with a white tank top underneath.

Ava was already waiting for us in front of the restaurant, smiling widely as she spotted us.

"Heyy guys... You both look hot!" She greeted us pulling me into a hug. Riri arrived at that moment, wrapping her arms around Shuri before greeting me. Ava and I went ahead, steered towards our reserved table.

"So... how is it going with Shuri?" She asked raising her eyebrows with a smirk.

"It's actually going quite well, she met my dad and Willow, and they love her," I answered smiling fondly.

"I'm glad to hear that, you seem really comfortable around her," She pulled me to into her side, giving me a quick squeeze, "I missed you,"

"I missed you too," I answered, sitting down on the opposite side of the table. Shuri and Riri joined us, Shuri taking the seat next to me.

"Alright, let's order, I'm starving..." Ava groaned picking up the menu.

We ordered two plates of Sushi to share with each other. While we waited for the food, Ava and Riri updated us on the newest gossip. Apparently, there was a lot going on at school. They were just telling us about some bloke getting caught cheating on his girlfriend when the waiter arrived with our food.

After we finished all the Sushi and successfully got tipsy off our drinks, we made our way to the club. It was located on the rooftop of a building near Central Park. When we arrived, it was already packed with people, and you could barely hear anything over the music. We ordered a round of shots as soon as we made it to the bar, quickly downing them before steering towards the dance floor.

We were moving to the music, when two guys approached Ava and Riri wanting to dance with them. This happened every time we were at a club, as soon as we went to the dance floor, the others would disappear after seconds leaving me by myself. Luckily this time I had someone to dance with.

Shuri had her arms around my waist, swaying to the music. I turned around, pressing my back to her front. Her arm went around my waist keeping me close as I ground on her. The alcohol made me loosen up, so I put on a whole show for her. I kept my eyes on hers as I turned around, moving my body against hers. She watched me with a smirk slightly biting her lips as she let her hands move lower from my waist. We kept on dancing for a while until we got too warm, so we went to the bar ordering two more shots. I was leaning on the bar trapped by Shuri's arms on both sides. She was standing behind me, her body pressed against my back.

"You look so hot in that short dress of yours..." she whispered into my ear making me shiver.

"Behave yourself," I answered provocatively pressing myself closer.

I noticed someone standing very close to us and as I looked up my heart dropped. It was Kim. She had been my first girlfriend, and even though we had broken up years ago, I knew she meant trouble. Shuri's eyes followed my glance, straightening up at the girl standing in front of us.