Chapter 20: no holding back

Flames rushed through my body, as she wrapped her arms around my waist to pull me closer. The kiss was full of emotions, and tears were running down my cheeks, as we pulled away.
Shuri looked at me with glossy eyes, quickly pressing another kiss on my lips.

"I missed you so much, I'm so sorry about everything..." She said not letting go of me.

"I missed you too, and I'm sorry too."

Shuri interrupted me before I could continue speaking, "You have nothing to be sorry about, I was the one who sent you away, I thought I was doing the right thing, but I know now that it was absolutely stupid."

I pulled her into a tight hug, inhaling her smell.
We stood there for a while, just holding on to each other as if we were scared that we could get separated again.

"Let's get out of here, I'll get my stuff and say bye to the others," I whispered against her neck.

"All right, I'll wait here," She replied.

"Don't you dare leave me again," I muttered, pressing a kiss on her lips before letting go of her to go get my stuff.

"Never again, I promise." She whispered with a soft smile.

Riri and Ava were sitting at the bar, looking at me with knowing smiles on their faces.

"I'm leaving guys, thank you so much for coming," I announced, pulling them into a quick hug.

"Say hi to Shuri from us," Riri said with a chuckle before I went to get my stuff and say bye to Kiara.

Shuri was leaning on the wall, where I had left her. Her face lit up when she spotted me.

"Alright, let's go," I took her hand in mine.

We walked through the dark city, back to my dorm.
Mia was home when we got back, so I introduced Shuri quickly before pulling her into my room. I tossed my stuff on my bed and we sat down on the windowsill, our legs hanging in the cold air.

"So, let's talk..." I said, breaking the silence.

"I'm so sorry about everything, and I know I've said that a million times already, but I need you to know that I regret what happened so much..." Shuri said with a sincere look in her eyes.

"I know, I regret it too, I didn't want to leave, but I thought you didn't care about us at all after what you said in the lab..." I mumbled.

"I get that, that was kind of my goal, I thought if I made you hate me it would be easier for you to get over us, but I was being stupid... It's just... after the attack something snapped in me, I was scared to lose you," She explained.

"But by sending me away you would've lost me too..." I replied confused.

"I know, but the thought of something happening to you again with no one around to protect you absolutely terrified me," Shuri said, gazing into the distance, "and I thought you would be better off without me because I just put you in danger... Since my mother died, you are the first person that made me feel like myself again, you see me for who I am, and I just couldn't take the risk of losing you like I lost my family..."

My heart tightened at the sad tone of her voice, and when I looked at her there were tears in her eyes.

"Oh, Shuri... you won't lose me I promise." I took her hand and gave her a gentle squeeze.

There was a sad smile on her face when she met my gaze. She brushed a hair out of my face, her eyes meeting mine before she leaned in to press our lips together.
The kiss was so soft and full of emotions, it sent shivers down my spine.