Chapter 16: water around my feet

Shuri, we talked about this, I'm not leaving," I answered firmly.

"It is dangerous, we can't know if they attack again, and if anything happens to you, I will never forgive myself..." she explained, and I could see the seriousness in her eyes.

"I know you just want to protect me, but I don't want to leave you here, and I'm supposed to stay until at least February," I tried my best to persuade her until she finally gave in.

"Fine you can stay, but you can't go outside alone and as soon as the situation gets worse you will go home," she muttered.

****

The next few days were tense; there hadn't been another attack, but everyone worried they would return. Shuri was barely able to relax, when she finally got home in the evening, she would just talk about what she still had to do the next day. I could feel how nervous this situation made her and I tried my best to help. Aneka had been assigned to be my guardian, and every time I wanted to go outside, she had to accompany me. I only went to school a few times a week because Shuri said it was too dangerous. The rest of the time I spent in my new atelier, which was just an old bureau filled with dust. My graduation project was slowly coming together, I had finished half of the paintings for my collection, and I had planned how I wanted to present it.

I was at home waiting for Shuri to come home, when I got a text from Sarah, asking what was going on in Wakanda because she had been told that she couldn't come back. She couldn't believe it when I told her. We talked on the phone for a while until I heard Shuri arriving. I quickly hung up, waiting for her on the couch.

She entered the living room and walked over to me to sit down. I smiled as she pressed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I missed you," She whispered, pulling me close to her.

"I missed you too," I answered, enjoying her warmth.

"We haven't done anything together since we came back from New York, I'm sorry I've been so busy the last few days," Shuri muttered, her sad gaze crossing mine.

"I know, but you don't have to apologize, the situation makes it quite hard to make time for each other..." I answered.

"I'll make it up to you," She announced with a smirk on her face.

"How?" I asked.

"Oh, you'll see..." She said, her eyes fixed on my lips as I felt her pull me closer by my waist. My heartbeat quickened when she leaned in and pressed a passionate kiss on my lips. Her lips were warm and heavenly soft, but she kissed me roughly, her hands pulling me onto her lap.

"I really really missed you," I panted, breaking the kiss for a second.

She smirked as her hands went under my shirt, running up my bare back and making me shiver. I pushed my hips against her, trying to get some friction. She reacted immediately, her hands grabbing my ass to press me closer. A moan escaped her lips when I started rocking my hips against hers. Her lips moved to my neck, sucking, and biting small spots into my skin. I pulled her down with me, laying on my side.
The couch wasn't that big, but we fit perfectly. She continued kissing my neck as she pulled off my shirt, her kisses getting lower. I pulled her up again, needing to feel her lips on mine, taking off her shirt too. I exhaled shakily when she pushed her leg between mine, pressing on my spot with her knee.

"You like that?" She whispered with a smirk.

"Yes, touch me," I breathed out, looking at her innocently.

Her eyes darkened at my words before she locked our lips again. My whole body was pressed against her, I was desperate for her touch. She pulled away, kissing my neck again before turning me around so that my back was pressed against her chest.
I could feel her heart pounding as she placed kisses all over my neck. Her hands roamed over my body, exploring every bit of skin. I leaned into her as her hand traveled down my stomach, playing with the hem of my pants.