Final Chapter: surprise

Shuri smirked secretively when we arrived at the palace.

"You have to cover your eyes again," she said, handing me a scarf to wrap around my head.

"Again? I swear to God if you make me cover my eyes one more time today, imma leave," I joked, taking the scarf from her.

She led me up the stairs, and when we arrived at the living room, or at least I was pretty sure it was the living room, it was weirdly quiet.

"You can take it off now..." Shuri whispered into my ear, helping me to untie the scarf.

"Surprise!"

I was startled by everyone cheering as the lights turned on. Everyone was there, my dad, my sister, Riri, Ava, Sarah, and her boyfriend. Even Mia my roommate was there, standing next to Okoye and Nakia.
The room was decorated with a huge happy birthday sign and disco lights. Food and drinks were lined up on the kitchen counter.

I turned around to look at Shuri, who was looking at me with a wide smile, laughing at my startled face.

"Did you organize all this?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I know birthdays aren't really your thing, your dad told me... but you deserve to be celebrated," she stated proudly, "Do you like it?"

"I love it, Shuri this is so sweet!" I pulled her against me, engulfing her in a hug as I felt some happy tears roll down my cheek.

She wrapped her arms around me as everyone around us cheered.

"Happy birthday y/N," she whispered into the embrace, pressing a soft kiss on my lips when I pulled back.

I turned around again, almost falling back as Willow jumped into my arms. I picked her up, peppering her face with kisses, making her giggle with joy. My dad joined us, hugging me tightly and congratulating me.
After I had greeted everyone, the party started. Shuri put on a playlist of my favorite songs, and everyone scattered around the room, enjoying the evening.

I was struggling to believe what was happening. Shuri had organized all this for me, and she had put so much effort into it by inviting all my close friends and my family.

There were a few games, which we played for a while until I was forced to sit down at the kitchen table.
Shuri entered the room with a wide grin on her face, carrying a beautiful birthday cake. It was a red velvet cake decorated with white cream and cute little flowers in different colors.

I tried not to act too awkward when everyone started singing "Happy Birthday". This was the worst part about birthdays; having to sit there with everyone staring at you and singing.

I blew out the candles in one breath, laughing awkwardly as everyone cheered.

After I unwrapped everyone's gifts, Ava forced me to play something on my guitar, and Sarah's boyfriend surprised us with his incredible guitar skills.
It seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves.

I had just finished talking to my dad and my sister when I noticed Shuri sitting on the couch next to Riri. They were talking, but Shuri's eyes followed me around the room.
I went over to them, taking a seat next to Shuri.

"How do you like the party?" Shuri asked me with a smirk, placing her hand on my leg.

"I'm really enjoying it, thank you again," I said sincerely, pressing a kiss on her lips.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone, Ava looks lonely over there," Riri chuckled, getting up from the couch and walking over to Ava who was standing at the bar.

"Sorry, I didn't wanna interrupt your conversation..." I apologized.

"You didn't interrupt, besides I was hoping you'd come over... haven't had a chance to talk to you since we arrived," Shuri smirked, her hand still resting on my thigh.