chapter 13

Y/N took a deep breath as she pulled up infront of the small modern looking house. "It's now or never". She said to herself. All through her journey jungkooks words about her character rang over and over I her head but she refused to let herself take it to heart eve more than she already had.

Getting out of the car she walked to the door and rang the door bell awaiting an answer. It was now only after 6 pm so she was certain they were still awake. Her foot tapped anxiously on the door step where she stood as she heard foot steps approaching the door on the other side. Seconds later the door was slowly opened and someone peeked outside.

A very audible gasp was heard in the midst of the silence. The door was then fully opened and she saw them. The man and woman who'd once accepted her as more than just the girlfriend of their son but as their own daughter, despite her identity and line of work, they were only concerned that she loved their son and he loved her aswell and that she could keep him safe.

"Y/N..." they spoke her name in unison giving her chills as she hadn't spoken to them since a little before her and jungkook separated. "H-hi, it's nice meeting u again. Uncle and aunt". She cursed herself mentally for stuttering but she couldn't help but be afraid of what they might say to her after the breakup she had with Jungkook.

"How come you're here, how did u find us, we moved". Mrs.Jeon was quick to question her. "Uhm, well, I really had no choice but to hack and search for your location, it's urgent". The softness of her voice started to fade and became more serious as she stood straight. "Looking at her for few seconds Mr.Jeon stepped back. "Alright, come in".

She slipped off her shoes bowing to her elders y/n stepped inside the house and was led to the living room by Mrs.jeon. As she sat down on the couch Mr.Jeon joined her as Mrs.jeon left to get some drinks. "So...u seem quite tense y/n, what's gotten u in such a state that it even forced u to look for..us"?

He eyed her as she played with her fingers. As she was about to speak Mrs.jeon returned with tea and sat beside her husband. Nerves were killing y/n, never I her life had she been so intimidated. Seems like the Jeons had noticed her anxiety as Mrs.jeon sighed and walked to her sitting beside her she placed a hand on y/n's stiff back.

"It's okay dear, no need to be so nervous around us, we know you and jungkook had a not so pleasant end but we know you had your reason. Jungkook was in a depressed state for a while but we dealt with it, we never had anything against you, we took u as our daughter, both then and now, so don't be so tense, speak to us as your parents".

Mr.Jeon nodded in agreement as they both flashed soft smiles at her making her relax. "Well...for starters. I don't know if Jungkook had mentioned to u both but her got a mission...said mission involved me". The elderly couple looked at one another before shaking their head. "He always kept his work hush from us". Mr.Jeon concluded.

Y/N nodded as she say back. "Well he got a mission to capture me, and have me put into KIA's prison on the island. Both of their eyes widened at her words but they let her continue. "He tried to do it but his little plan backfired and I kept him with me...wasn't the best of times but we got through. Things started to get okay between us till I got him a phone..."

Mrs.jeon then spoke. "So all that time he was pronounced as missing he was with u"? "Yes, I kept him hidden from X and all of his other agents. I wasn't aware at first but after I gave jungkook a new phone he called X and tried to cancel his mission. Apparently X said some frightening things to him".

"For a while he'd been acting off and a night I heard him talking on the phone with someone, when I checked it was X. I didn't know what was going on at that time so thats when I had my phone linked with his without his knowing and that's when I got to know what X's threat to him was after he had asked to quit his mission".

Pulling out her phone from her back pocket y/n pulled up the recordings of jungkooks conversations with X. "Listen". She played out every call for them. Mr.Jeon was visibly angered while Mrs.jeon was terrified. "X is a lunatic, everyone thinks I'm this big powerful mafia I must be so bad but in all reality X is the worst. He's now threatening your lives in order to keep jungkook as his sock puppet doing all his dirty work".

"What are u doing about this y/n"? Mr.Jeon asked as his blood continued to boil. "Well I'm gonna keep in check with their plan and work accordingly, but that's not concerning me, I'll let him go through with whatever he plans but I won't let X get to u two".

"How are u gonna stop him from getting to us y/n? We're helpless against him.." Mrs.jeon said as she was worried. "Don't worry, this is why I came here, go and pack all your clothes, I'm buying a house for u two closer to mine, I'll deploy guards all around and keep the place secure, if anything was to happen I'll be able to come out and help".

Out of the blue Mrs.jeon hugged y/n around her neck taking y/n by surprise. "Thank u so much dear". Y/N reluctantly hugged her back. "It's okay aunt no need to thank me, you're my boyfriends parents anyway, u both even took me as your own daughter, how could I not step up to protect u both".

Mr.Jeon stood up. "But seriously y/n thank u very much, let's go pack honey". Mrs.Jeon pulled back and they left to pack. "Good, one less thing to worry about...you've really outdone yourself this rounds jeon.." She sighed deeply.

Credits also goes too kookiealiengurl