chapter 27

There was a thick silence. Jungkook looked at y/n with worry in his eyes. He never asks such questions worrying he'd anger her but today his curiosity got the best of him and his words slipped his tongue without him realizing what he was saying. "U-uhm, u don't have to answer, i-i'm just curious".

Y/N chuckled hearing his stutters. "Don't worry, pretty baby, I'm not angered by your question. I'm happy, people often like to assume thinking they'll always be correct, asking a question even when you're unsure of the outcome of the question is never a bad practice".

"So....why did u choose to do good rather than follow the traditions and legacies of the underworld"? Looking at the moon y/n played with his hair as she formulated her answer. "Tell me...what do u think people feel when they hear my name or the word mafia". Jungkook looked at her puzzled but answered. "Fear"? Y/N chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, fear. That's what made me do good with my power". Jungkook tilted his head visibly stumped by her response. "What do u mean"? "I knew what it was to live my life in fear, growing up I lived every single day knowing in the back of my head...one wrong move and that's it for me". She was yet to look at him directly but from her eyes alone he could tell there was something deep within her she had never gotten past.

"Why is that"? "Had I ever told u about my parent's petal"? Jungkook thought for a few seconds before shaking his head. "My parents were who people considered to be the real-life devils. My father was a Mob boss and my mother was the greatest-known con artist".

"I never believed their relationship to be love, I always saw it as obsession and lust. Rightfully, they were the type of people that only cared about power and reign over others, taking advantage of each other's assets they indeed did reign over everything and everyone. They were both psychopaths. Killers".

"Growing up they didn't care for me, they provided me with endless material things, but I never got their raw affection. They were never able to give love. Not even to one another, it was only lust. On many occasions, I'd see my mother come home in the late nights wearing the most scandalous outfits, stacks of money stuffed all over her body in the straps of what she was wearing. Whether it was stolen or earned she surely got her job done leaving men bankrupt and bringing the money to her husband".

"He was the king of worship, they had no shame, no matter who was around even if it was me, once she would return home he'd take all the money from her clothes strip her and well...I don't think I'd need to explain the rest. It was an often occurrence, as I got older it affected me less and less, even when being aware of my presence they never stopped or even tried to hide".

"If it wasn't this....my father would scam other bosses giving them false contracts and then kidnapping them, we had a basement, quite alike to the one I have now...just more....bloody. He would bring his victims home, while his men would attack the rest of the person's gang and kill every last person. He would torture them, all night I would lay in bed and listen to the constant screams that echoed through the mansion. I'd often got no sleep, I was also bullied in school".

"Now you would see criminals hiding their identity my parents didn't, they were so powerful authorities didn't dare try to capture them. I always had the name of the killer and cons daughter in school, kids would fill my locker with death notes, telling me I should end it all before I grow up and turn out to be the next font of my parents for our generation".

"I wouldn't lie, I did consider from time to time but never dared to follow through". "I remember my dad had this laugh, it was menacing, haunting, eerie. If it wasn't the screams of people echoing in my ears at night it would be his laugh. I would think of all the nights he'd sit in his chair like a king with my mother on his lap fresh out of her mission. He'd always say he would stop at nothing to destroy anyone that tried to get in their way to the top...even me....".

"I was purely a mistake to my parents, the result of carelessness, people would look at all the stuff they bought for me and would say they loved me so much but that wasn't the case, that was all to make up for the affection they could never and never tried to give to me".

"As I approached the age of 16 they passed away. For weeks I watched the TV every channel was people rejoicing over their death saying our country's biggest plagues had passed, everyone celebrated, and honestly...even I did".

"After those days I went missing I dropped out of school and bought a new mansion. I blew up the old one, I left no physical memory of my parents for people to find in future".

"All the money they had left I took and started a life of my own....leading me to where I am now....I couldn't be happier being free of them and their legacy that haunted me".

"Once I came into the public eye again as an adult automatically everyone hated me even when my gang and I did no wrong. The only good thing is that thinking of me like my parents no one ever dared try to take me down...only X".

"But now we all know of his truth, aswell as mine".

As she finished her story she was greeted by a well expected silence from jungkook. Looking down at him she found him lost looking straight infront of them at the floor. "Petal...back with me". She snapped her fingers infront his face making him jump and look at her. "S-sorry, I just never expected you would've been through that much".

He gulped as he rested his head on her shoulder and hugged her. She chuckled as she rubbed up an down his back. "It's alright sweetheart...I'd say I'm past their memory...I'm quite grateful to them, I was able to correctly build my character. Tho everyone sees me as the bad guy I know what I'm truly about and that's what's most important".

Jungkook sighed as she shifted properly straddling her lap their chests pressed together. "We'll work together and deal with X, don't stress out babe". Smirking at his position she nodded and pulled him into a hot kiss. "How can I ever stress when I have this beauty in front of me to take it all away".

Jungkook giggled. "You know how to flirt huh...I wonder if you've ever been like this with anyone else"? Y/N scoffed. "I never let anyone even touch my clothes before u pretty baby". Jungkook smirked proudly as he bit at her earlobe. "As it should be".

They spent the rest of their night ravishing in one another's warmth and the naturally brought comfort they gave one another.

Credit also goes too kookiealiengurl