WORRYING- Peter Parker

Y/N's POV:

"No, no, no. Please no. No, please don't hurt him. Take me, torture me instead! Punch me, cut me, do whatever you want with me, but please don't hurt him anymore!" I screamed at our kidnappers. "No Y/N, it's okay. Just close your eyes and," Peter spat out blood and continued "think about the time when we went to the cinema and afterward got ice creams at midnight. Remember that time?" he asked me. I nodded and tried to answer him through my tears: "Yeah, I remember that night. We watched-" I was cut off by a gunshot. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Peter died. Second ago he was still breathing and now.. he's dead. I couldn't save him. "No, no, no, no Peter! I'm so sorry, I'm so so so sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you. I am so sorry-" I woke up from the horrible dream that I just witnessed.

My cheeks were damp from the tears and my body was covered in a cold sweat. "I need to get my breathing under control," I said to myself quietly. After many attempts to calm down, I was finally able to get oxygen in my lungs. Without thinking, I swung my legs from the bed onto the cold floor and made my way to Peter's room. The door creaked open revealing a sleeping figure.

PETER's POV:

As soon as I heard my door creak open and the hallway light hit my eyes, I woke up. My eyes adjusted to the light. The only thing I could make out was a human figure coming towards me. I soon understood that it was Y/N.

"Hey, what are you doing up so late, huh?" I asked her. She looked surprised. "Uh. sorry. I didn't want to wake you up, I just had to make sure you were alright," she said. I sat up straight and asked: "What do you mean 'make sure I was alright'? Why wouldn't I be?" She switched her position, facing me. There was silence between us for a few seconds before answering me: "I had a nightmare about you dying. We were kidnapped and then they started to torture you right in front of me. I pleaded them to stop and torture me instead," she had to stop for a moment before continuing. I rubbed her back encouraging her to continue. Continuing her sentence saying: "you tried to distract me by talking with me about our good memories. But before I could finish my answer they had shot you. You collapsed and when I kneeled down to save you, you were already dead. And the worst part about it was that I couldn't save you," she croaked out.

I felt so bad for her- she's been having such dreams for quite some time now and all I want to do is just take them away. She's too precious for this world- she has the sweetest smile and she doesn't deserve to experience pain. She can sense when someone isn't feeling well or needs a hug. The only thing that she wants is for others to feel safe and happy around her. And she's so kind to other people. These are one of the reasons that made me fall in love with her. And 6 months ago when I confessed my feelings to her we made it official. Ever since I have been spoiling and showering her with love that she deserves. She means the world to me and seeing her hurt breaks my heart. But we will get through this. I know it.

"Oh princess, come here," I said, pulling her in my lap and rubbing small circles down on her back. She wrapped her arms around my neck and legs around my torso. Her face was nuzzled in my neck. I felt my shirt getting damp from her tears. "shhh, it's okay. I'm right here and not going anywhere," I whispered in her ear. I hummed her favorite song and felt her relax a bit. At the end of the song she was completely relaxed and her slow breathing indicated that she was about to fall asleep. I slowly and carefully placed her right next to me, holding her close to me. I kissed her forehead and said: "Sweet dreams baby. I love you and will always protect you." And with that, we both fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this story!

Have a good morning/day/evening/night <333