DARLING, YOU'RE FREEZING- Legolas Greenleaf

A/N What book would it be without the favorite elf in it? So this is my way of paying my respect to the film series and the character. I hope you all enjoy it! I tried to make it as cute as possible. Enjoy!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Y/N's POV

    Remember how I said I'll tell you everything? How I swore never to lie to you and hide stuff from you?

    I remember how we stood beside a clear blue lake, hands intertwined and eyes only on each other. You stood taller than me, so you looked down at me. And your eyes held so much admiration, love, and joy. Your dimples were showing. You looked so gorgeous. And cute.

    We didn't want to bother Nature, so we were whispering. So quietly that no one else but us heard what we were saying to each other. It was the place we came by ourselves and never brought anyone else here. It was our secret place.

    "Can you promise me something?" you asked me. My reply was just a nod toward you. "Will you promise me that you'll never hide the truth? Promise never to hide any pain, joy, feelings, or accidents?" you questioned.

    You were fragile. Fragile from the world around you. You fought strong in battles, but some wounds inside you are still bleeding. They're not visible to those who look with their eyes, only to those who look with their heart. I want to heal these scars that still bleed dark red blood.

    I looked up and met your gaze: "I promise." Why does it sound so scary? They're just words, two to be exact. Yet, they are so easily breakable. With an action, with a fight, with another love.

    "I promise not to shut or hide myself somewhere away. I promise never to hide away from you. No matter the circumstances or situation we are in. I'll never hide the truth."

・・・

    It is now midnight when I finish thinking about the memory. I've been wrapped in your arms and under the warm blanket for quite some time.

    I couldn't sleep. My mind was feeding me all sorts of different memories and thoughts.

    A soft breeze of wind caressed my cheek. The window was open, and you could see the starry night from the bed.

    I lifted Legolas's hand and got out of bed quietly. I pulled a silk long sleeve over my nightgown. I tiptoed to the bedroom door and opened it. I looked back to see Legolas still sleeping.

    I closed the bedroom door and rushed to one of the place's towers. There was a massive balcony covered in vines and wildflowers. You could see the village, the woods, and the sky from the balcony.

    Running up the stairs that led to the balcony, I finally reached it and opened the door. A million bright stars and cold air greeted me.

    The moment I opened the balcony doors, cold air splashed all over my face down my body. I walked to one of the balcony rails and leaned on it. The scenery around me was breathtaking. I exhaled and relaxed into the night. I admired the stars and never grew bored of them. Something about them made the time stop.

・・・

    I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't hear the door open. Someone had also come up here.

    Legolas's hands wrapped around me from behind and pulled me closer to him. His mouth left soft kisses on my shoulder up to my hair.

    "Darling, you're freezing," Legolas said quietly, "why didn't you take a jacket with you?"

    "I must've forgotten," I answered.

     Legolas turned me around so that I was facing him. He wrapped his hands around my waist even tighter and kissed my forehead. Then my cheeks, and then my lips.

    "What are you doing out here anyway, sweetheart?" Legolas asked.

    I chuckled and pulled away a bit. I smiled and answered: "Haven't you looked at the sky? The stars are shining, and I wanted to be closer to them."

    Now, he chuckled. Legolas looked me in the eye and smiled. "You always have been a stargirl. I love that about you. I love you," Legolas said. "I love you too," I whispered.

    I turned around again, now facing the sky. Legolas rested his face on my shoulder and kissed it. And that's how we spent the next half hour- looking up at the sky and talking.

    But because it was so late, I was getting tired. I rubbed my eyes, and a yawn escaped my mouth. I leaned on Legolas's chest and closed my tired eyes. I felt a kiss on my head and a pair of arms picking me up.

    Legolas carried me down the stairs. When we got to our bedroom, he laid me on the bed and pulled me closer to him. Once again, Legolas held me tightly and placed soft kisses on my face.

    "Goodnight, my love."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I hope you enjoyed this story!

Love you all loads <3

Have an amazing morning/day/evening/night <3333