RUNNING TO YOU, request - Marvin the Martian

A/N this was a requested story. I hope it meets your expectations @sillest! Enjoy everyone!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Y/N's POV

    "Why is it that every time I sit behind the TV, nothing good comes on it?" I sigh, frustrated. I've got a day off from work, so the only places I've visited are the bathroom, kitchen, and the living room.

    I go through every channel, but nothing good is on. I close my eyes, inhale, and then decide that I'm going to watch Netflix.

    "There better be a good film or a TV series that I can watch," I mutter, browsing.

---

   The front door opens, and my attention turns to the door. Marvin has come home, finally.

    "I'm home," he yells from the hallway.

    He walks into the living room and sits down next to me. He flings his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer. He kisses the side of my head, and I rest my head on his shoulder.

---

    We've been chilling together for quite some time. But I feel bored.

    "Hey, I'm going to take a little walk. I'll be back in an hour or so," I say and grab my coat.

    Many people don't know this, but I am a shapeshifter. I can turn into an animal, and it is really cool. But sometimes, I have trouble shifting back into human again.

    Today, I have shifted into my cat form. It's a blessing and a curse. Curse because animal captors confuse me as a stray cat. Blessing, because I can get out of meetings stealthy.

    I've been walking in the city for at least half an hour. Everything feels peaceful and relaxing until I feel a drop of rain on my head. I try to shapeshift back into a human, but I can't. "What's happening to me? Why can't I shift back?" my voice comes out panicky and frantic. I try over and over again but fail.

    I try to go home, only to find that I am lost. This day keeps getting better and better with every second.

    I walk past random streets, weird corners, and even weirder people. I try to find some familiar object to navigate. But I couldn't find anything.

    Suddenly, I feel metal around my neck. I can't breathe properly, and I go into a shock state. I realized the animal captors had found me. I try to fight myself free, but it's no use.

    The stingy feeling only increases when the captors drag me to their car. I make as loud a noise as I can.

    I'm moving closer to the car. "No, no, no, no," I think. But then- I spot a familiar figure running over. With every step they take, I realize that it's Marvin.

    He punches the captors. He turns around and looks at me. He slides the metal collar off my neck and picks me up.

    We run to the car and drive home. When we reach home and are inside the house, I can finally shapeshift back into a human.

    "Gosh, it was so scary," I cry. Marvin holds me and hugs me. He plays with my hair, and I slowly calm down.

    "You're okay. You're safe now." 

///////////////////////////

I hope you are all doing well! I love you all soooo much <333

Have and amazing morning/day/evening/night <333