FORGOT, I'M SORRY (request) - Yelena Belova

A/N This was a requested story for @alpacagirl2028. Hope everything is how you wanted it to and I hope everyone enjoys <333

////////////////////////////////////////////

Y/N's POV

    "Alright, what've got?" I walked into the kitchen and said out loud to myself. I was alone in the house at the moment. Yelena had gone out and said that she'd return at 7 p.m. When I asked her where she was going, she didn't answer. Instead, she kissed my lips and left in a hurry. I was confused but brushed it off, deciding that Yelena was in a good mood.

    I looked back at the brownie recipe that I had found online. I muttered to myself as I got everything I needed and placed the ingredients on the counter. I started mixing everything and put on some music as well.

It feels so good

Not carin' where you are tonight

And it feels so good

Not pretendin' to like the wine you like

    Thirty minutes later, the brownies were ready. I snapped a picture of them and sent it to Yelena. I saw Yelena wasn't active online, so I put down my phone and started cleaning up. I washed the dishes and wiped clean the counters.

    While the oven-hot brownies were cooling down, I went upstairs. I walked towards the bedroom and went inside. Once inside, I went to the drawer. I pulled out a pair of grey sweatpants and a top. I opened another drawer where Yelene had all of her hoodies. I pulled out one of her favorite ones.

    Getting dressed, I heard the front door open. I rushed downstairs with a smile. I saw Yelena in the hallway with a wet jacket. I hadn't been outside today, but judging by Yelena's outfit, I could tell it was raining.

    Her face was beaming with happiness. But why?

    "Hey baby, how's your day been?" she said excitedly and pulled me into a tight hug and kissed the side of my head.

    "It's been good. I baked some brownies," I said with a smile and pulled away. I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water.

    Yelena trailed behind me and took a bite of one of the brownies. "Gosh, these are delicious, honey," she praised me. I smiled.

    "Did you bake these for any specific reason?" Yelena asked me with a smirk. What does she mean by 'specific reason'?

    "Um, no. I saw a cool recipe online and thought to give it a try. So I would say that I baked these for fun," I said, confusion audible in my voice.

    Yelena's smile dropped at my last sentence. "Is everything okay?" I asked her. I was confused- why was she acting like this?

    Yelena stood up straight and let out a long, deep sigh. She placed the brownie she was eating on the plate where she took it, and looked me in the eyes. "You baked them just for fun?" she basically snorted at me.

    I furrowed my eyebrows: "I don't understand why you're getting annoyed. Did you want to do something together tonight or what?"

    "You seriously don't remember what day it is today?" she asked, a bit angrier now. Her lips were like straight line, and her eyes concentrated on me.

    I tried to remember what day it was today. It was March. It was Friday. It was

It was our anniversary.

    Shit, shit, shit! I let out a yelp, and my hands flew to my mouth to cover it. My eyes went from confusion to regret. Yelena's expression made me feel even worse.

    She still hoped I would remember, but when she realized I had forgotten, hurt plastered across her face. She let out a huff and took a step back.

    "You seriously forgot our anniversary?!" she said, raising her voice. I slid my hands down my face, mainly because of embarrassment and regret.

    "I'm sorry, seriously," I tried to explain, but Yelena didn't want to hear me. She turned around and grunted. Gosh, how could I have forgotten our anniversary?

    I stepped closer to her and tried to make her look at me. But it was no use. She didn't want to deal or listen to me.

    "Yelena, please. I''m sorry I forgot our anniversary. But please understand I didn't do it on purpose," I tried to reason with her.

    "Yeah, maybe you didn't. But what about the other things you've forgotten?" Yelena said, and looked at me irritated.

    I took a step back. I was shocked. How could Yelena say such a thing? I know my ADHD might make me forgetful sometimes, but you don't have to point it out like that, especially with such an attitude.

    "Excuse me?" I asked her to repeat. Yelena realized what she had just said: "No, no, I didn't mean for that to slip out. Look, I just wanted to celebrate our 5th anniversary together. I was out all day shopping and buying stuff for you, for us."

    I huffed and stepped back: "Yeah, that's really nice of you. But that doesn't change what you said to me. That comment hurt me."

    A moment of silence fell over us. We stood in the middle of the kitchen, letting our conversation sink in. We stood there until Yelena broke the silence: "I'm sorry. I didn't want to make you feel bad. I promise I won't say such a thing again."

    "I'm sorry as well. I never intended to forget our anniversary," I looked Yelena in the eyes. "Can we start over? Let's put this behind us and start over," Yelena offered.

    We smiled, and at the same time, we said to each other: "Happy anniversary."

////////////////////////////////////////////

Love you all loads <33

Have an amazing morning/day/evening/night <333