Chapter 2: Dark Forest

Ruby's POV

Reaching over to the shower faucet I turn it all the way to the right and it turns off. I step out and the cool wind brushes against my skin, shivering I pick up my towel then start drying my hair and body.

I heard knocking at the door. "Yesh?" I answered. I waited a while but no answer. Sighing, I ignored it. Whether it was Akaila playing games or I was just imagining things. Whatever, I put my blue underwear on and clipped my black bra on. My hair was still wet so I put it up into a bun and walked out with my towel around me like a cape.

"Finally." Akaila states and I stick my tongue out and she does the same. The door closes and I snicker to myself. I zipped open my shoulder bag and pull out a "Pierce the Veil" band tee, black skinny jeans, solid black socks, a black white plaid triangular scarf, and my black-and-white musical note bracelet along with my senior ring.

After getting dressed I clean my ears and brush my hair. Akaila comes out with her purple towel, forest green undergarments and sprints to her room before I made fun of her cheese puff hair. "Shut up!" She exclaims laughing knowing how much I wanted to point it out.

She came out with her hair combed, red "Bring Me The Horizon" shirt, dark blue shorts, black Timberlands, her M&M bracelet, and her dragon necklace.

"Yo you ready to go?" She asks skipping to her keys placed on top of the coffee table in her living room. I nod and sprint to her front door as she follows and unlocks the door. She walks out and I follow jumping down the steps, "Aright, I'm driving.." she tells me and I sigh, 'She drives like my grandmother..' I thought.

We get into her black Lexus and slam the doors close. "Jeez I know your strong and all but please refrain from breaking my car door.. payed allot especially when you broke it the last time." she told me and I broke out laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 2 hours we made it and walked through the healthy green trees that met us at the entrance. Akaila at first shivers and I look her way with a concerned look as she shrugged it off. "You okay Akaila?" I ask and she nods walking in further, "I dunno something feels different from the last time we were here." she states and I continue walking behind her.

A twig from behind snapped which caught Akaila's attention. I turned shrugging it off thinking it was probably just some animal. "I dunno something just feels off, we should probably leave." she suggests and I frantically nod my head. "Oh come on it's probably just the nostalgia.." I counter back and she sighs. "Whatever you say.." she responds slowing down her pace.

"Look!" I exclaim out of nowhere and she jumps back. "What?!" She asks and realizes I was just pointing out the pond. "Oh.." I laugh at her expression as it calms down and rush to the pond.

"It's been a while." I say with a gigantic smile.