Chapter 11: Retreat

Ruby's POV

Um, was he gonna be okay?

Since I wasn't cuffed I thought of my chances at escaping, it really seemed as if he was losing his shit and would sooner or later murder me. Did I want to die though? I really just want to see dad again!

I pushed the thought to the side and quietly walked to the door. Pushing it open with a creaking noise I walk towards the room I hear Jeff talking to himself.

Swiftly I made it to his room and peaked through his door. I couldn't seem him. Giving the chance I opened it up, "Jeff..?" He really wasn't here..

I felt someone tug on my wrist and I was whipped around to meet Jeff. I squeak at first but calm down when I realize it was just him... why was I calm about that? Why do I feel calm in his freakish presence?!

Police sirens were heard in the distance and barking dogs as well.

"Let's go." was the only thing he told me dragging me out the house. I started freaking out, what if they caught us! Well I'm a victim so.. but would they believe me, Jeff could easily pin a lot of murders on me by using my blood in crimes.

The wind blew strongly and I felt cold since I had a short sleeve shirt on. I shivered and Jeff must've noticed. He pulled his sweatshirt off and gave it to me, at least he had an under shirt..

I blushed as he put it over me. It was really warm.. and thankfully there was no blood on it. "Thank you." I state and he just smiles. He's actually not that bad when he's not blood thirsty or just being insane.