Chapter 4: Unexpected

Ruby's POV

The car door of my fathers red jeep shut and I saw my dad run up to me. "Dad!" I exclaim happily with tears in my eyes and he engulfs me in a tight hug. "Oh gosh Ruby, I'm so sorry!" he apologized. "About what dad? There's nothing to be sorry about." I tell him. "I wasn't there for you and I had promised you and your mother I'd protect you with everything."

Dad was always thinking about mom and I. "It's okay dad." I tell him with a smile. After 30 minutes of questioning investigators finally found Akaila, she had multiple stab wounds in her stomach and one clean slice to her neck and of course the carved smile and the blood on her arm writing "Go to sleep".

One officer walked up to me in his uniform and asked if I knew anyone who would do this to her and I merely nodded. "No one would hate her to the point of killing her." I responded as he wrote down what I said into his note pad.

The officer explained that they'll take care of it and that we should go home and get some rest which is what we did.

When I got out of the car my father and I rushed to the house. I ran up to my room and plopped down on the bed hugging a pillow. The door knob turned and I saw my father walk in with a disc in his hand.

"What's that?" I ask and he shows me the disc with "The Amazing Spider-Man" written on it in red. My face lit up and I jumped off the bed. "Seems like a plan, go ahead and make some popcorn." he told me and I walked out my room jumping down the stairs to the kitchen.

Opening all the cabinets I sigh frustratedly, "Dad there's no more popcorn!!" I yell upstairs. He walks down with a black shirt and grey sweatpants. "I'll go get some, I'll be back in 5 minutes." "Okay!" I replied and he put a pair of his blue sneakers then stepped on to the door frame looking back, "And don't do anything stupid." he told me laughing and I shooed him out the house with the stupidest laugh ever.

I lock the door and walk up the stairs to my room. Looking around I find the disk on my desk and grab it. After, I walked downstairs and turned the TV on. That's when I heard a thud upstairs.