Chapter 15: My Choices?

Ruby's POV

'Am I ready for a change that can basically ruin my future..?' Was that really a choice? Dad was gone, I'd be sent to a foster home with children and adolescents I didn't even know. I didn't want that.

Plus! Somewhere inside me, my soul is telling me I'd ache for Jeff, but I refuse to believe that. I couldn't like a killer; furthermore a killer that killed my father. As a matter of fact it would be one-sided.

Its not like it would matteter and either way the decision was made. I have no other close ties, plus I can't just go insane, I talk about killing a human so easily.. I'm human and I have to remember that.

Why do they all trust me so easily anyway? It's not like I was family to them or anything... Somewhere inside me though I just knew being with them will change me, I know that I'll be influenced for the worse.

My thoughts were getting the better of me as I began getting tired. The confusion of the situation that I was in put me in a bad mind set and I can't even think straight. I mean Jeff wants to train me to become something that I thought I'd never be.

Now that I mention Jeff everything is starting to sink in, why didn't he kill me? Why didn't he torture me to his hearts content - if he even had a heart.. all these questions weren't making me feel any more clear about my decisions.

I scoffed to myself, was it even me making the damn decisions anymore? Or is it the tiny little devil that lurks beyond my imagination, where all the hatred and unhealed pain was left for dead.

I knew it, it'll all catch up to me.. and that's when I'll snap.