Chapter 5: Back Again

Ruby's POV

"What the hell?" I muttered looking up the stairs and into the darkness. 'Weren't the lights on?' I question in my mind and like on que all the lights in the house immediately went out.

Without making a noise, I slowly walked towards the door. Silently, I opened the front door but it distinctly slammed shut.
I shrieked in fear without turning around, I was frozen of fear and it wouldn't let me go.

"Hello again, Ruby." I heard a dark and dried voice say, oh my gosh he knows my name. So much for the stalker status. "Wh-who are you..?" I stutter quietly and he forcefully grabbed both my wrists and firmly held it against the front door.

Tears formed in my eyes as the pressure on my wrists got even tighter. I struggled but to no use and the door lock was heard. 'He locked it..' I thought shuddering in this persons presence.

"You got away once but not this time.. your mine for sure." his dark voice spoke. Got away once? Had I met him? Wait.. was he the guy that killed Akaila. I bit my lip and looked up at my wrists, one pale hand tightly held them up.
"N-no, let go!" I yelled and I heard his little devilish laugh.

I jumped as the phone rang and I can tell he looked towards it. I saw his carved smile get even wider in a very malicious way. "Answer it." he ordered and I gave him a questionable look. He threw my hands towards it. I walked slowly to the phone and answered it.

"H-Hello?" I greet and I heard the voice from the officer that was questioning me earlier today. "Hello is this Garcia, Ruby?" the man question and I answered yes.

"The auto spy team has just finished their analysis and ordered me to report to you and a couple of others close to Aria, Akaila. She has at least 16 stab wounds made with a kitchen knife, judging by how deep they were made this man is most likely angry or utterly insane. She has one clean slice to her neck most likely that being her C.O.D the stab wounds were most likely torture and I can assure you she died very slowly and painfully. Of course you know about the carved smile and the written "Go To Sleep" on her arm, the carving suggests this was done while she was dying. That is all, and I'm sorry for your loss." the man explained and I was completely horrified and scared.

I felt as if he was smiling and I look towards him with wide eyes and a fearful aura. He was enjoying my suffering and I knew it, I also knew that's the same way I was gonna end up.

I hung up the phone and he laughed insanely and kept on laughing. "At least you got a little preview." he said in a dark voice. I shivered and tears leaked from my eyes 10x faster.

He stopped laughing and left running out the house to the sound of my fathers car door.

Right before my father walked in, the lights went back on and I rushed to the door. "Hey, found the popcorn and brung smarties because why the hell not?" my father told me and I laughed desperately wiping my tears away, in need of light and my father.