Chapter 3: Horrifying Encounter

Akaila's POV

'What was that?' I question to myself. "What's up?" Ruby asks. "Did you hear that?" I distinctly ask and she moves her feet out of the water. "Hear wha-?" She asks as a woman's shriek cuts her off.

"STOP!!" We both hear her yell. "What?!" We both whisper/yell.

Pushing myself off from the ground I started running towards the voice while grabbing a pocket knife out of my back pocket. Whether or not I make it out of this completely falls on my stupidity with bad situations.

Then I blacked out with static playing in my ears.(no it's not slendy but he's there)

Ruby's POV

What the hell, why'd she run off without me. Whatever I'll just go and try to find her. I pull my shoes on and get up grabbing my shoulder bag.

I start running the way she went and slowly started walking into the forest and it gets darker. 'That's weird it's only 12:30..' I thought checking my watch and realizing it stopped working. "What?" I ask myself flicking the glass part of the watch.

Walking I stepped on something wet. As I look down I see a thick red liquid covering the front and bottom side of my boots. Then I saw Akaila laying there. "Get up lazy-wait." Holy shit she's dead.

"Akaila!" I exclaim getting down on my knees. I analyze the whole situation and see that she had her hand tightly gripping her pocket knife.

This was utterly insane how'd she get killed?! We were in the middle of the woods! Looking closer I realized a bloody smile carved into her face and 'Go To Sleep' written on her spread out arm. I covered my mouth in disgust and heard footsteps in the crunchy leaves.

Quickly I turn around with her knife in hand and see someone in a white blood-stained hoody, black pants, and black ankle sneakers. Wind started blowing and moved his hood to the side and all that was seen was his insane smile carved ear to ear.

"Holy crap.." his insane smile got even wider and his onyx eyes were staring right into my soul. I stood their frozen, 'Was he the one that killed..!' I was rushed out of my thoughts when he came at me with a kitchen knife which he pulled out of his pocket.

"Aww, what are two innocent little children doing here?" He asks and I gritted my teeth, "I'll have you know I'm 16! Not a child!" I exclaimed and wondered why the hell did I just tell him that.

He didn't even care and without having a second to react he pinned me to the tree that was oh-so-coincidentally right behind me. "Shit.." I muttered trying to struggle out of my situation. "Nuh-uh-uh." He said holding both my hands above me and one waving his hand as if he was saying no.

Without thinking I kicked him where I am sure the sun does not shine. He let go grunting in pain and I took that opportunity to run with one last look at Akaila.

"You bitch!!" He screamed and ran after me. Step by step the adrenaline and fear kicked in. Twigs were snapping and dead leaves were now broken by my running. Light from the exit of the forest slowly became in my view and I ran even faster not even focusing on turning back.

I made it out and rushed to her car but of course I didn't have her keys. I decided while mentally freaking out I would start running down the high way. After a while of running, I stopped at some gas stop and panted heavily while leaning on the door of 7/11.

After composing myself one of the workers came up to me and asked what was the problem then I explained what happened.